Need help with scuba dives

RockyTop2

Cruising in 8 days and taking adult sons who are both experienced scuba divers. Due to a death of a parent following a lengthy illness, I find myself with no plans. I know there is a wealth of info on this board, but I am so pressed for time. We will be on Celebrity Eclipse Dec. 11 with the following ports...Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Costa Maya...all good ports for diving. Should I just settle for the ship dive excursions or do you have suggestions for independent dives through local shops. I am sorry to have to make this plea, I usually have all my research done well in advance plus, I am not a diver myself. This is a Christmas gift for my sons and I told them I would make all the arrangements and I do not have the heart to tell them I have failed!

Since time is short, the ship's dive excursions might make the most sense for you in this instance. They're not necessarily the cheapest or the most exciting, but they don't require any research, they're easy to book at short notice, and they also come with the "security blanket" of guaranteeing that you'll make it back to the ship on time afterwards.

I agree with bookbabe.

Seeing how you are pressed for time this might be the best plan for you. I know ALOT of people say the whole cattle boat thing, that dive plans depend on how much oxygen the divers have, but I have dived using ship operators and have never really had a problem as far as the above comments are concerned.

This is the other comment I want to make. Unless your sons are VERY SERIOUS divers, I don't think they will mind a ship excursion. I LOVE SCUBA but I am also just thrilled to get into the water as well. I hope you understand what I'm saying. So if they are like me, I don't think they will mind

Thank you for the replies. I know the dives through the ship make the most sense at this late date. I am just so grateful as a mom that I am able to get my sons away from their careers for a family trip. I guess I am just trying too hard to make it the best I can for them.

092306, thanks also for your reply on the Cozumel board. I am forwarding all of these replies to my postings to both sons. I just love CC and all the great people on these boards. Thanks again to you all.

it's not too late to still make a few plans. In Grand Cayman, contact http://www.edenrockdive.com/ they are VERY helpful and only a 5 minute walk from the tender pier.

In Cozumel, contact http://www.papahogs.com/site/index2.php They are about a $7 (for up to 4 people) taxi ride

Both of these places get good reviews on the "snorkeling/diving" boards.

Belize, I would probably go with the ship tour.

Hope you have a great time with your sons!

it's not too late to still make a few plans. In Grand Cayman, contact http://www.edenrockdive.com/ they are VERY helpful and only a 5 minute walk from the tender pier.

In Cozumel, contact http://www.papahogs.com/site/index2.php They are about a $7 (for up to 4 people) taxi ride

Both of these places get good reviews on the "snorkeling/diving" boards.

Belize, I would probably go with the ship tour.

Hope you have a great time with your sons!

Thanks so much! I have forwarded your reply to my sons. I really appreciate your help.

Archived