Last minute Galveston cruise deals???

bnsilly

Does Carnival offer last minute deals in hopes of filling empty cabins? If so, is there a good website that announces these deals? For the right price I could be there the next day, etc..Thanks for any help!! :)

I am hoping to not have to go in and "search for cruises"...more like a notice of "Here are cheap cruises out of Galveston for this price/date" kind of thing..

Yes and no. Carnival uses a very special crystal ball to set its prices. They go up and down sometimes several times a day. The first leg of my next week cruise went down one day, enough for me to get some OBC and the next day it went up over $100 for the same cabins. Leg 2 went up today almost $200 for the same class cabin as I have. It's pretty crazy and unpredictable.

There are occassionally unpublished prices. I once got them pulled by putting a unpublished price on CC, so now I know better, they have to remain unpublished. If you have a good PVP, she will send you a email with the offer if there is one. Often you have to be able to get to the port that day, some about a year ago, were about 8 days out.

They do happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I knew of a good PVP.....then one we have used in the past was not worth anything - she jsut wanted us to book. If she sees I am looking on line (Carnival) she calls me to ask if we are ready to book ....but if we call her - it can be literally weeks before she calls back. I wish we could share the names of the good PVPs on this site!!

Archived