Relaxing in Tampa...can't wait till tomorrow

In2why

I can't believe that after all this time and having to cancel my last booking that it is almost here. We are sitting at the pool watching the kids practice snorkeling while watching the bay in the distance.

We are on the 11am shuttle which is the earliest we could get. Is that okay or should we get a cab in the am? Im still a little nervous, but I plan to take ginger tonight and then again with breakfast. I can't wait to sail under the bridge and into open waters!

We were on the 11/21-11/28 sailing on the Legend. Stayed in the Hampton Inn Ybor City. We took the 1030 shuttle to the ship and check in didn't take long at all. We then had to sit and wait for about 45 minutes to get on the ship. Last year we didn't get to the Glory until around 1230 and were able to just walk right onto the ship after check-in. I actually preferred that.

We are at the Holiday Inn Express on Rocky Point. I am really pleased we chose this hotel. When I first pulled up I wasn't sure because their pictures are much better then the reality, and it is near the airport. But we haven't heard any planes, the rooms were very clean, the beds are comfy, and the pool is heated. Compared to the Hampton Inn next doot the pool is good size. I also like that we can walk around a little bit with the kids instead of being in Downtown, where I would worry every second. We also did the park and cruise package so I can leave my car all week for free. The night at the hotel and shuttle is cheaper then a week of parking at the port.

I can't believe that after all this time and having to cancel my last booking that it is almost here. We are sitting at the pool watching the kids practice snorkeling while watching the bay in the distance.

We are on the 11am shuttle which is the earliest we could get. Is that okay or should we get a cab in the am? Im still a little nervous, but I plan to take ginger tonight and then again with breakfast. I can't wait to sail under the bridge and into open waters!

Have a great time on the Legend, we did, both times :) I say take a cab over, and the kids can check out the aquarium next to the terminal. Make sure you look at the aquarium grounds from the ship!!

2359107580097654989S600x600Q85.jpg click on the picture if you want to see more of the Legend :)

We stayed at the HI Rocky Pt last month for our Legend cruise too. We loved it and felt it was worth every penny, especially that they not only drop you off at the port but pick you up as well. This saved us a lot of $$.

Here are a few Heads-up: When you signed up for your shuttle time you should have received 2 slips of paper- one pink and one yellow. Have these out and ready to go. The van driver will take one copy and you need to put the other in a safe place as you will need it to get on the van when they pick you back up. ********* Next: Tomorrow morning make sure you are waiting OUTSIDE on the bench areas and not in the lobby. When you see the van, get up and start the line. We were outside on the bench at 10:45 when the van rolled in everyone from the lobby came running out and we got pushed to the end of the line. Right as we got up to the van we were told it was FULL and we would need to wait for the next one. Our paperwork clearly said 11 am but we were told by the front desk that sometimes others that have later shuttle times will try to slip in. There were at least 3 of us that this happed to. He said if it gets busy sometimes this goes undetected. They only have a certain # of slots available so we thought even if we were at the end of the line we would still get on the 11 am van. NOT. We waited until 11:25 for the next shuttle and got to the port around 11:45 or so. The line was outside the port bldg and long. We were geven zone 26 and on the ship at 1:10 pm. The line did move quickly however, and all of the port folks were very-very nice. the up side was that there wasn't a long line for lunch and by the time we were done our cabins were ready. It wasn't really a big deal but if you are one that likes to get to the port early just keep this in mind.

When you disembark, go across the street and walk into the parking garage shuttle pick-up area. It is on the first floor. It is well marked you wont miss it. Have the HI ph# set into your phone. Just call them and give them the names of everyone in your party and they will come and get you. They will either drop you off at the airport or take you back to the hotel for your car. Chances are that there will be others that have already placed the pick-up call and they will be on their way.

If you go to dinner this evening at the Bahama Breeze next door and enjoy spicy food, try the volcano shrimp appitizer. If was sooo good I could have easily made a meal out of this. Their coconut shrimp was also very good as well.

Have a great trip, We loved the Legend, Cari

We also used holiday inn cruise package it was very easy but hectic at first, we just relaxed and went with the flow...the Legend is awesome and exceeded our expectations..the service and staff very friendly and food was excellent..we have cruised Disney and Celebrity and this was on par with these cruiselines..wish we were going again..have fun and good weather:)

We also used holiday inn cruise package it was very easy but hectic at first, we just relaxed and went with the flow...the Legend is awesome and exceeded our expectations..the service and staff very friendly and food was excellent..we have cruised Disney and Celebrity and this was on par with these cruiselines..wish we were going again..have fun and good weather:)

Hi Mike , We really enjoyed meeting your family, they were the nicest ever. Loved the In-laws too. We always saw them around the ship having a great time. Small world that they are from the same home town as my mother. Tell them Cari said hello. :)

Thanks for the information on the Holiday Inn. I'm thinking we're going to stay there for our Inspiration cruise. Is parking and the shuttle free?

Yes, incl in your cruise pkg is airport pick-up or parking for the length of the cruise, a shuttle to and from the port, a shuttle anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the hotel, and free breakfast.

The cruise pkg rates are different from the room only rates. For our stay on Oct 30th, the room only was $71 and the cruise pkg for a room with 2 queens was $84 and a king room $99. The sooner you book the better rate you may get. We had some on our roll call that booked late and paid $114, I'm not sure if that was due to them being almost full or if that was a suite rate. The hotel did get booked up and we had a few that stayed next door at the Hampton Inn Rocky Pt.

Have a great time!!! :)

We stayed at the HI Rocky Pt last month for our Legend cruise too. We loved it and felt it was worth every penny, especially that they not only drop you off at the port but pick you up as well. This saved us a lot of $$.

Here are a few Heads-up: When you signed up for your shuttle time you should have received 2 slips of paper- one pink and one yellow. Have these out and ready to go. The van driver will take one copy and you need to put the other in a safe place as you will need it to get on the van when they pick you back up. ********* Next: Tomorrow morning make sure you are waiting OUTSIDE on the bench areas and not in the lobby. When you see the van, get up and start the line. We were outside on the bench at 10:45 when the van rolled in everyone from the lobby came running out and we got pushed to the end of the line. Right as we got up to the van we were told it was FULL and we would need to wait for the next one. Our paperwork clearly said 11 am but we were told by the front desk that sometimes others that have later shuttle times will try to slip in. There were at least 3 of us that this happed to. He said if it gets busy sometimes this goes undetected. They only have a certain # of slots available so we thought even if we were at the end of the line we would still get on the 11 am van. NOT. We waited until 11:25 for the next shuttle and got to the port around 11:45 or so. The line was outside the port bldg and long. We were geven zone 26 and on the ship at 1:10 pm. The line did move quickly however, and all of the port folks were very-very nice. the up side was that there wasn't a long line for lunch and by the time we were done our cabins were ready. It wasn't really a big deal but if you are one that likes to get to the port early just keep this in mind.

When you disembark, go across the street and walk into the parking garage shuttle pick-up area. It is on the first floor. It is well marked you wont miss it. Have the HI ph# set into your phone. Just call them and give them the names of everyone in your party and they will come and get you. They will either drop you off at the airport or take you back to the hotel for your car. Chances are that there will be others that have already placed the pick-up call and they will be on their way.

If you go to dinner this evening at the Bahama Breeze next door and enjoy spicy food, try the volcano shrimp appitizer. If was sooo good I could have easily made a meal out of this. Their coconut shrimp was also very good as well.

Have a great trip, We loved the Legend, Cari

Thank you for the wonderful information. I was killing myself trying to find a decent hotel in tampa that had complimetary shuttle to and from the cruiseport. You answered all my questions. Thank you

Thank you for the wonderful information. I was killing myself trying to find a decent hotel in tampa that had complimetary shuttle to and from the cruiseport. You answered all my questions. Thank you

I second the suggestion to eat at The Bahamma Breeze. At first we decided to order pizza from a place that was included on the Holdiay Inn Booklet, but the wait was an hour and we were hungry. By chance I asked the front desk if Bahamma Breeze had take out and the answer was yes, plus he had the menu. We ordered mainly aps because we weren't super hungry and they were wonderful. The coconut shrimp was made fabulous by the sauce, the Wings were whole and cooked crisp with a tangy sauce that was a mix of a little spice and a little sweet, but the very best, was the Cuban sandwich. I have decided to eat things I have never tried before on this trip and the cuban bread they serve it on is chewy but not too chewy. I wish we could get it back home. Surprisingly enough it was actually cheaper then the pizza place by the time you add in service charge and tip. Plus by getting it go we didn't have to wait 40 minutes for a table and could have eaten it on the pool deck and had the same view.

I went to the Downtown Embassy Suites earlier tonight because that is where my brother and his family are staying and I am glad we chose here. It may be easier in the morning since they are closer to the port....but it was a pain driving downtown, and even though they have a park and cruise package they had to pay a 20 valet fee. Also the "rooftop" pool isn't on the top of that beautiful building, it is actually one the 3rd floor and tiny. The positives though are the views, and the free happy hour. The biggest negative was the wait for the elevator. Their room is on the 16th floor, and we actually waited over 10 minutes for the elevator.

Okay off to bed.....can sleep in the morning and I wil make sure we are out there plenty early for our shuttle.

I ditto every good comment about the HI at Rocky Pointe. The other plus was that the shuttle would take you anywhere within 4 miles, so we went to a mall, to PFChangs for dinner, and to Walgreen's for last minute items.

We loved the Legend as you can tell from my review below. Have a wonderful time.

I just visited the Hotel's web site. I notice they only allow the first two adults to receive complimentary shuttle to the cruise port. Does anyone know of a hotel in tampa that has complimentary shuttle for your whole party to the cruise port? Or should I start a new thread with this question? Im traveling with three other adults and two children. Party of 6

Has anyone stayed at Chase Suites nextdoor to HI. They have a 2 room suite with 2 kings and a pullout and 2 bathrooms for only 10.00 more than HI cruise pkg.

My husband is actually calling to look into this hotel today. If I remember, I'll come back with some information.

We are also staying at the HI Rocky Pt for our spring break cruise. I booked this hotel way back in June and when I talked to the lady last week to ask her why there was no park/cruise package she said that they were filled up for our time frame. So just a heads up if you are waiting to book this hotel for spring break. Question on them picking up at the airport, is there a certain place that they pick you up? Is there a phone provided for this hotel in the airport or do we have to call them with our cell phone? Thanks again for the shuttle info, the last time we cruised the Legend we stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown and the shuttle was slow with getting us to the port, there was a lot of confusion and we ended up getting to port around noon, it was a pretty hectic mess but oh well, we are on vacation so we just dealt with it.

I just visited the Hotel's web site. I notice they only allow the first two adults to receive complimentary shuttle to the cruise port. Does anyone know of a hotel in tampa that has complimentary shuttle for your whole party to the cruise port? Or should I start a new thread with this question? Im traveling with three other adults and two children. Party of 6

The website does list an extra charge but we weren't asked for it, and didn't pay any extra for the 6 of us. Oh and we were on ship before the people in our group that stayed at the Embassy. They were physically closer, but HI had more shuttles running.

We just stayed at HI Rocky Point last week, with three in our party. When I booked, I called and asked and they said it is free shuttle up to 4 per room, they just have not changed the website yet. I did take the name of who I spoke with" just in case" but no one said anything about the third person, including when they wrote up our voucher for the shuttle.

Archived