What to pack for kids to wear for dinner?

DimSum

Hi,

We will be on the Wonder for a 3night/4day Bahamas cruise leaving on the 16th. I understand for adults it will be "casual" evenings (dockers/collard shirts for men and skirts/sundresses/ for ladies) but what about the children? My kids (3YO and 4YO) love to wear jeans....will that be ok for dinner since they are just kids or should I be packing the "Sunday best" attire?

Also, are shirt-sleeved polo shirts acceptable for men? Or should it be long-sleeved dress shirts? DH needs specifics on how he should pack his suitcase.

TIA.

Technically jeans are OK, but generally something between those and Sunday best are more appropriate. Cute but casual dresses, non-denim slacks, etc. are what most adults and children wear on non-formal nights. (You won't have formal nights on your cruise.) If you don't have "in-between" I'd opt for Sunday best. The dining rooms are more upscale than a typical family style restaurant like TGIF or Earl's, and dressing up a bit goes along with that.

Your husband is fine in a polo, Tommy Bahama style, or dress shirt/oxford, whatever he prefers. It can get cool in the dining rooms, so he might want to take that into consideration. If you plan on eating at Palo, he'll need a suit or sport coat with collared shirt and slacks and you'll need something along the lnes of a little black dress or nice pantsuit.

Enjoy!

I agree to go with something between jeans and Sunday best for the kiddos. Our girls wore nice capris or skirts with tops. I saw little boys in Docker style pants with Polo style shirts or collared shirts. It does seem that folks take the shorter cruises to mean less formal but there is one night that is considered dressier and I did see folks from jeans to formal attire that night. I tend to think that jeans are a bit casual and expected formal attire is a bit much. Go for the in between.

Archived