Croydon Plantation

karessamom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Last Nov we went to the plantation.. long bus ride but rather informative if you get my meaning. we sang and laughed very upbeat group of strangers really. The owner came over to our group and was our guide and boy was he ever nice! We laughed the whole time! What a comedian and so informative as well. And the food.. we tasted Cowboy Pineapple for example. Very Yummy. took over a hundred pix and came away with more memories! The meal at end was really tasty and the owner took time to speak with most people individually. There was a nother group with an employee showing the plantation at same time ... again, very polite, kind and nice!. Would go back in a minute cept I want to keep trying new till I run out.. still it was so very pleasant, I would think twice! Hope you consider it. You do walk on paths. nothing strenuous really. The sun shines they give you plenty to drink and eat along the way and a meal at the end. Every employee on that Plantation took time to be nice to the tourists. I dont believe it was expensive for the treat you get!

We just did this tour last week and it was wonderful. I was very leary of our Jamaica stop but this turned out to be my favorite. The tour people were waiting inside the terminal at the port and after a short wait we boarded 2 buses for our journey. Bus ride is a tour in itself as you get to see the island and its beautiful scenery. We also had the owner as our tour guide and Tony was the other guide both were really interesting to listen too. We got to taste pineapple skin juice(they tell you how to make it) very good!! Several differnt kinds of pineapple, see coffee plants, honey production, all kinds of different nuts, fruits, cotton, and even ginger beer. Lunch at the end was very good. You can even buy a Red Stripe beer. As the other poster said the entire staff were very friendly and it was my favorite tour on our cruise. Let me know if you have any questions.

Almost forgot it was $58 per person for this.

I have to agree, I really enjoyed our cruise tho we experienced a few set backs the people we met were nice and the main dining room crew were fabulous. The only thing i missed out on was dining by the window. not matter how early I got there.. I was told those tables were already "done" .. ah well. The food was fab .. especially room service after coming back from the plantation.. wanted to refresh.. they hit the spot.. fresh coffee, juice and a croissant to ease myself back to shipboard luxery!!

I hope you take the tour and you enjoy your time on the Conquest. I would be there if I could:(

Archived