Cost of a Taxi From IGR to the Sheraton?

Lauren Spray

It's about 17 kilometers from the airport to the Sheraton Iguazu, cost about 50 pesos with tip and of course the per person charge to enter the national park where the hotel is located. The worst hotel I've ever stayed at that cost me $300/nt, but would recomend it to anyone going to Iguazu for the sole reason that you are already in the park, so you get an hour head start on the crowds. Do the lower trail first and take the boat ride before the crowds come. After the crowds come, it's as crowded as Disneyland on spring break.

Also, be careful if flying in/out from Buenos Aires. Make sure you fly in/out of Newbury airport because if you fly into Ezieza (EZE) you'll have to pay the $140/person reprocity fee if you are from the U.S. or Canada. I don't think they make cruise ship people pay this fee. Heck, some people fly into Montevideo to avoid this fee and then take the ferry from Montevideo to Buenos Aires.

• 6 years later...
It's about 17 kilometers from the airport to the Sheraton Iguazu, cost about 50 pesos with tip and of course the per person charge to enter the national park where the hotel is located. .

Does anyone have an updated answer to this question?

Hello....we paid $350 pesos today to go from Iguazu to the Sheraton. It was more than I expected, but we, uncharacteristically, did not do enough research. We used the agency that was inside airport. We did not see taxis outside, but might have been in too much of a rush. Driver was nice, but did try to sell us other tours on drive. We are enjoying the Sheraton & it's location, though! The falls are magnificent.:)

....we paid $350 pesos today to go from Iguazu to the Sheraton.

So about U$22 for approximately 10.0 km/6.21 miles

from the airport (IGR) to the Sheraton

Flat fee? Able to pay with credit card?

Edited by VidaNaPraia

Yes, you can use a credit card at the Sheraton, but I did not realize you need to tip in cash & will need cash for the park entrance and for the boat trip if you want to do that! We had a wonderful time.

Yes, you can use a credit card at the Sheraton, but I did not realize you need to tip in cash & will need cash for the park entrance and for the boat trip if you want to do that! We had a wonderful time.

You only need cash for the boat trip if you book it at their stand down on the lower trail; their office up above takes credit cards.