Carnival Trunk Bay Snorkel excursion

MindTheGap1918

Has anyone ever taken the Trunk Bay Beach Snorkel excursion offered through Carnival? Carnival listed the excursion as being 4 hours long, which doesn't seem like it leaves you much time to snorkel once finally reaching Trunk Bay on St. John? Any input would be appreciated. :)

I just posted this response & pictures on another post about Trunk Bay where someone mentioned all the coral was dead and remembered seeing this post. I've seen a few other posts recently that mention that the coral at Trunk Bay in St. John is dead and some say it's not even worth snorkeling there. I'm not an expert on snorkeling (this was my 4th time overall) or what dead coral looks like, but there was a lot to see when we were there this past May and I was amazed (again, I've only snorkeled 4 times). I'm attaching a few pictures (out of almost 200) that I took while snorkeling the underwater trail at Trunk Bay just to give you some idea of what there is to see, so you can decide whether it's worth it or not. There were a lot more fish than my pictures show, but I had a hard time getting them to stay still long enough for a picture. I did get a couple decent ones, which are attached. I'm sure bread or cereal off the ship would have helped, but I forgot to bring some.

DSCF0304A.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

DSCF0197A.jpg

DSCF0192C.jpg

You can take a taxi from the dock to Red Hook and catch a ferry over. It runs hourly from St. Thomas to St. John. If you search back through the boards, you'll find a lot of helpful information. This thread has been the most helpful to me...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1196166

• 2 weeks later...

Archived