Tampa oceanfront suite hotels

jtdlmc

I found a hotel on hotwire that I may be interested in but can't figure out which one it is - amenities include oceanfront but I'm pretty sure it isn't Doubletree Suites, Chase Suites, Embassy Suites or Sailport Suites unless they have switched the amenities and left some out for the hotmail listing. Is there any other suite hotel on the oceanfront?

I have Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point booked but the recent reviews on tripadvisor all complain of the noise from the next door rooms - so much even that they can hear the people in the next room actually urinating - there were a couple reviews that stated this, so I think I believe it. There's nothing I hate worse when trying to get too sleep when I am full of excitement as it is, only to be woken or kept awake by noise next door. Anyone stay there and experience this or did you have a quiet room?

I know you probably not familiar with the Tampa area but it is on the west coast of Florida . The Ocean is on the East Coast of Florida, what you are thinking of is the Gulf of Mexico.

Tampa is on Tampa Bay - St. Petersberg/Clearwater and other cities are on the Gulf.

So if you put in St. Petersberg and Clearwater, you would find other hotels. But they would not be convenient for getting to the port.

Hotels along the Bay, westshore area and I think there is a Marriott on the water close to the pier.

Have Fun on your cruise,

M.A.

Thanks for the info. Just stating what the amenities say for a Tampa Hotel Westshore/Airport District on Hotmail and that is oceanfront - guess it sounds better than waterfront???? I am trying to figure out what this particular hotel is on Hotwire in the Westshore/Airport area, don't want Clearwater - I think it would probably be Rocky Point, if anyone has any ideas of other suite hotels in that area (other than the ones I've already listed) please let me know.

There is a Westin in the Tampa/Rocky Pt area. It is very upscale and is one of the only ones I'm aware of that has a "white sandy beach area" that overlooks the bay. It is set up very nice with water rental toys etc... The Holiday Inn Rocky Pt and some others in that area are on the water and offer a great view but have a seawall or dock area only.

There is a Westin in the Tampa/Rocky Pt area. It is very upscale and is one of the only ones I'm aware of that has a "white sandy beach area" that overlooks the bay. It is set up very nice with water rental toys etc... The Holiday Inn Rocky Pt and some others in that area are on the water and offer a great view but have a seawall or dock area only.

You and a bunch from your group stayed at HIX Rocky Point - did any of you experience noise from next door? BTW - I'm still waiting for your review - lol - I don't think I missed it did I?

You and a bunch from your group stayed at HIX Rocky Point - did any of you experience noise from next door? BTW - I'm still waiting for your review - lol - I don't think I missed it did I?

No we did not have any noise issues at all. In fact we were in the very last room on the second floor, #226 and it was very quiet. It was a Kiing smoking room (which we requested. They only have 2) It was also next to the stairwell; this came in handy as there is only one elevator and it was always in use. I don't think anyone used the stairs except us. lol. You may want to request a room at the end of a hallway thus having no foot traffic issues. As far as the room on the other side, we never heard a peep. The room was large with a flat panel TV, desk, chair and ottoman. There was also a coffee maker as well.

The hotel itself, we felt was a fantastic deal. We paid $99 for a King room and cruise pkg. We had airport pick-up, free breakfast, port drop off and pick up with transportation back to the airport. The hotel was clean, the pool area was very nice with a great view of the bay and the breakfast IMO was good. They had omelets, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes and hot oatmeal in addition to bagels, pastry, cereal, fruit and yogurt etc..... There were plenty of tables to sit and eat at. We had dinner the night before at Bahama Breeze and it was very good. They had a band playing outside in the deck area so we had a drink while we waited for our table. If we cruise again from Tampa and don't decide to stay on St.Pete Bch, we will certainly stay here again. No complaints or issues at all.

Hope you have a great cruise and very nice weather. Cari :)

As far as my review of the Legend 10/31 no you didn't miss it. I am not a teckie person and am having some issues with uploading pics to the Photobucket and then am not sure about getting them into the review. I havn't really given up on it, I'm just waiting for my BF to help me out.

Archived