Summerfield Suites

efoote01

Got Summerfield suites @ $62 per night on hotwire for the night before our Spring Break cruise. I saw that they have a airport/cruise shuttle pkg...has anyone used this before & know how much it cost them...they only have 2010 not 2011 on the website.

Anything else you can tell me about the hotel would be great...so excited!

Thx:)

Got Summerfield suites @ $62 per night on hotwire for the night before our Spring Break cruise. I saw that they have a airport/cruise shuttle pkg...has anyone used this before & know how much it cost them...they only have 2010 not 2011 on the website.

I got it for $69 for Feb. 19, 2011, so I think you did great! I would suggest calling the hotel and asking them what is in walking distance.

We also booked this hotel last June on april 14, 2011 for $59!!! What i read at the time, from others who stayed there:

1) free airport shuttle

2) $8 pp to shuttle to port (so for 2 people, cab is the same)

3) Across the street, and in a big parking lot are restaurants and a KMart that sells wine. apparently, it is about a 1/4 mile walk, but that doesn't seem that far to me (unless you are lugging a case of water/wine)!

4) Hotel shuttle will take you to/from places within 3 miles.

I agree with previous poster--call hotel and ask what they are doing now.

merry Christmas

ML

Just had a Priceline bid of $55 accepted today at the Summerfield Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South ($68.69 with taxes). This is for January 23, one night post-cruise. Hotel site showing rates of $130-150. YMMV

(Froufie -- two Ottawa posts within 10 minutes of each other, what are the odds? :) )

Just had a Priceline bid of $55 accepted today at the Summerfield Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South ($68.69 with taxes). This is for January 23, one night post-cruise. Hotel site showing rates of $130-150. YMMV

(Froufie -- two Ottawa posts within 10 minutes of each other, what are the odds? :) )

Hi YOW/Ottawa - ha ha ha....that is pretty amazing (and congrats on your win):D

We also booked this hotel last June on april 14, 2011 for $59!!! What i read at the time, from others who stayed there:

1) free airport shuttle

2) $8 pp to shuttle to port (so for 2 people, cab is the same)

3) Across the street, and in a big parking lot are restaurants and a KMart that sells wine. apparently, it is about a 1/4 mile walk, but that doesn't seem that far to me (unless you are lugging a case of water/wine)!

4) Hotel shuttle will take you to/from places within 3 miles.

I agree with previous poster--call hotel and ask what they are doing now.

merry Christmas

ML

We just stayed at this hotel on the night before our cruise. Within an easy walk there are several Fast Food restaurants - I remember a BK, McDonalds, Taco Bell. Not sure about real restaurants, but there are probably some of those as well. The Summerfield Suites has breakfast in the morning, but nothing else available the rest of the day. However, in the same parking lot is a Hyatt Place, so you can just walk over, and they have food available 24 hours a day, and they also have a small bar/counter where you can get some alcoholic drinks (beer for sure, not sure what else they have). Also within a short walk is a convenience store where you could also get a few beers to take back to the hotel, and I'm sure the price would be much more reasonable. All in all, the hotel was very nice, and the staff was very helpful.

Archived