FLL Hotels

Italian Nancy

Hi Nancy:) the only hotel I know of on Las Olas Blvd is the Riverside. It is right in the middle of the Blvd but they don't offer any transportation.

I would suggest the ones on 17th Street. There are quite a few choices.

Amerisuites, Renassiance, Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Pier 66 and a bit further down the Marriott Harbor Beach. I know Embassy, Amerisuites and Marriott offer port shuttles.

Not sure about which offer Airport shuttles. I grab a cab when I want to get to the hotel~it isn't usually more than 10 bucks and there are always a stream of them waiting by the curb at the airport.

I bet some other folks will reply to your post as well:)

HI Italian Nancy: I am a Nancy also but not Italian !! I live in the Fort Lauderdale area and agree with Lois that the hotels along 17th St. are the best as far as convenience and transportation to the port. There is a shopping center and many good restaurants within walking distance. If you want to visit Las Olas Blvd. (highly recommended) it is about a 10 min. taxi ride.

Hi, we have been using La Quinta Inn & Suites. They are reasonably prices, offer a breakfast and have free shuttles from the airport and then to the pier. I believe there are 2 of them so ask about the shuttles, if I remember, one doesn't offer them to the pier. We have also used the Amerisuites hotel. Same percs but price can either be less then La Quinta or up to twice as much.

Hope that is some help.

I agree with Lois, the 17th Street area is a good choice. It's very close to the port, you can even get a room with a view of the port from the Rennaissance or Marriott. I don't know of any that have free shuttles. Renaissance has one that I think is only $5 a person. It's a cheap taxi ride to the hotel from the airport and from the port to the hotel. Some really good restaruants too. My favorite is Carlos & Pepes - very good Mexican food. I would recommend using Priceline. If you put in a 3 star hotel in the downtown Fort Lauderdale area you will get either Mariott or Renaissance.

Terri

Thank you all for your input so far. we stayed at the Wyndam last time and it seemed so far away from things.. Have read alot about the Las Olas blvd area and would love to see it, we are flying in on the Friday afternoon, so we have time to investigate before going to the port on Saturday. Are there any large malls in the area ??

Hi Nancy,

A post from another Nancy here, but I am not Italian, either! :)

We stayed at the Marriott Marina post cruise and liked it. The water taxi stop is right outside the hotel. We were supposed to stay at the Embassy Suites pre cruise but they bumped us to Sheraton Yankee Trader, gave us a free room and $50 cash and a taxi ride over. It is across from the beach and was fine, especially for free!

We had an awesome dinner at 15th Street Fisheries: http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

As Lois said, there is also a great Mexican place within walking distance -- near Embassy and AmeriSuites. We love FLL! If you want to rent a car to do some shopping, check out Sawgrass Mills! There are tons of factory outlets. It's about 11 miles west of FLL. http://www.sawgrassmills.com/static/node1874.jsp

If you want to stay in FLL, you can take the water taxi to Las Olas and shop in some of the funky shops. There are some shops along the beach as well. Not great shopping, but fun.

Nancy

Any suggestions for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, have heard alot about Las Olas area, do any of them offer either airport or port shuttles ?
We used the Amerisuites 17th St. They pick up at the airport, and drop you off at the cruise terminal. Very handy arrangement, and reasonably priced.

May I suggest the new Atlantic hotel--part of the Starwood Luxury Collection. It is across the street from the Ocean with fabulous views and the walk to the Las Olas area is only 20 mins--or a short water taxi. The rooms and suites are fantastic--and the service superb.

Prince

Don't stay at the Amerisuites. It is old and has a very dirty like appearance. Yes there is a shuttle to the port, however, I would rather pay a $10.00 taxi fee that to stay in a room with Mold.
Maybe it was just your room? Or things have gotten very bad since 5 December '04, but we didn't see any dirt or mold there on our trip. There is more than one Amerisuites property in FLL. Are you sure you're not thinking of one of the others?

There are about 100 threads on this site for FLL hotels. IMHO, and many agree, your best choice is to use Priceline. Bid 3*, Downtown and you will get either the Marriott Marina or Embassy Suites. Both are on 17th Street close to stores and restaurants. Depending on season, expect to pay between $60 and $80 per night on Priceline. If you book any other way, you will probably pay between $169 and $279 per night.

Deb & Tom: We stayed at the Raddison Bahia Mar and the place was great. There is no free breakfast or shuttle to the bus but when we went to get a taxi for the ship the bellman told us they had a service with a car and driver. It cost us around $15.00 plus tip(I really can't remember the exact price) and took us right to the pier. You could also take a taxi too.

Marilyn

Did anyone booking with Priceline find they had the "worst" available rooms due to the price. I have read on other boards that Priceline always gave you the worst room, i.e. no view, near the elevators etc.

I don't want to stay at Motel 6 the night before our cruise but since it is just one night, then why blow the bank wad before your vacation ?

Archived