Epic : should we??

suesie

We are thinking of a med cruise next summer on the Epic - the other choice is the Adventure of the Sea.

We are taking our 20 year old twins and want them to have a good time and us of course!!

Have read the reviews and searched the boards and are just a little worried.

Our first cruise was on the Pearl and we enjoyed that but since then have learnt that we prefer HAL or Celebrity, but for next summer a cheap[ish] break with the children is what we are looking for.

Which would be better : Epic or Adventure of the Sea?

Just a little worried about all the reports of people trying to sell you things. We're aware of the "pay for " bars and restaurants.

Any advice welcomed please.

Susan

I've sailed on both, though the Epic wasn't my cup of tea, the younger people in our group loved it. I absolutely loved the Adventure of the Seas...so I think either way you go it should be a good trip...personally I would chose AOS.

We are thinking of a med cruise next summer on the Epic - the other choice is the Adventure of the Sea.

We are taking our 20 year old twins and want them to have a good time and us of course!!

Have read the reviews and searched the boards and are just a little worried.

Our first cruise was on the Pearl and we enjoyed that but since then have learnt that we prefer HAL or Celebrity, but for next summer a cheap[ish] break with the children is what we are looking for.

Which would be better : Epic or Adventure of the Sea?

Just a little worried about all the reports of people trying to sell you things. We're aware of the "pay for " bars and restaurants.

Any advice welcomed please.

Susan

I have yet to experience a cruise or vacation where people WEREN'T trying to sell me things. Just sayin'.

I think 20 somethings would love the Epic but remember it is "freestyle" dining so not as dressed up or dining with others that you may prefer. But it is an adventure in and of itself. Price and itinerary would be my guide....

Of course, there are plenty of reviews on why you might want to choose either ship.

If your concern is about someone constantly trying to sell you something, I had read that as well. Now I've been on the Epic and I didn't find that to be the case. Some of our group thought the selling of drinks was excessive. IMO, That was the only place where someone might find an issue. Personally, I didn't even find this to be an problem. In fact I thought it was nice that I could always get a drink when I wanted one.

I do think that the Epic has kind of a Vegas atmosphere. It's very active. I liked always being able to find something to do, but some people might not prefer this much activity.

Archived