Back from an amazing week on the Celebration!

WOW! What can I say? I went with a very open mind. Didn't think it would live up to my past RCI and NCL cruises , but do you know what? It was so much better! Best cruise I have been on.

The ship - Beautiful , perfect size.

The crew - Friendliest crew at sea!

The other passengers - SO normal, everyone was so chatty.

The weather - couldnt of been better.

Was FAB to see Cairo.Highlight of my life.

We had to miss our sea day due to having to go back to Sharm to pick up stranded Gatwick passengers. We were also 18hrs delayed coming home due to passengers not making it to the outbound Manchester flight because of accidents on the motorways. We were looked after very well in a 4* all inclusive!

Any questions about the Celebration?

WOW! What can I say? I went with a very open mind. Didn't think it would live up to my past RCI and NCL cruises , but do you know what? It was so much better! Best cruise I have been on.

We had to miss our sea day due to having to go back to Sharm to pick up stranded Gatwick passengers. We were also 18hrs delayed coming home due to passengers not making it to the outbound Manchester flight because of accidents on the motorways. We were looked after very well in a 4* all inclusive!

So pleased you enjoyed Celebration, Ste. Your insight and previous experiences of cruising give your comments some authority. Whilst we have tried other cruise lines I must say the atmosphere, service, interesting itineraries and general ethos on board Thomson ships suit us very well so we tend to stick with them.

But when people disparage Thomson and infer we regulars 'don't know what we're missing or that we are the kind of people who settle for an inferior experience' I sometimes begin to question ourselves. So it's good to know that you rate your Thomson cruise so highly and by comparison to other cruises you've done. As you say, lovely friendly crew and other passengers who are not pretentious - just normal and enjoying their cruise.

If you are anything like me, you'll be browsing the brochure already planning the next one. Enjoy your future cruising! :)

We are going on this cruise on the 27th January, and so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed it. Also read your comments about other cruises lines and your comparison. We have only cruised once before and that was on the QE2 so we were also wondering what this one would be like. Now we can look forward to it after reading your post. We can't wait - not too long now.

I was so pleased to read your review..... As the cruise I have booked was an amendment to an existing Thomson holiday I had no option but to opt for one of their ships.... I must admit if I had booked the cruise from scratch I would have opted to book with RCI or NCL..... However I am so glad I didn't have this option as I think "A Thomson cruise" will offer me the best experience as a first time cruiser..... Ok the ship may not be as grand as those offered by RCI BUT I couldn't want for anything better... A great Itenery with some fab excursions, good bar prices, all tips included (I only need to tip extra at my discretion) and most importantly, judging by the people who post on this forum, it will have a great & friendly atmosphere.

Kind regards

Meg x x x

Hi

We got back from this cruise a couple of weeks ago and loved it. We have only cruised with Thomson and until we don't enjoy it will continue to do so. Just one question, was the air con in the Broadway and Liberties still on the chilly side. We noticed loads of people sitting wrapped in cardigans or shawls. My wife on a couple of occasions had to go and get her cardi!! Still loved it.

We did the Red Sea on 18th November on Celebration. Wonderful. Agree with everything you say. We've 'done' Crown Princess (size of the Isle of Wight!) and NCL Jade (Isle of Man?) and loved them both but the Celebration was...............cozy, friendly, comfy, nice!! Loved everything about it. The itinerary was fabulous, saw Petra, Cairo, Luxor etc. then had a week in Sharm. Got stuck in Sharm due to closure of Gatwick (oh dear, 5* All Inclusive on the beach - we endured!) and were so well looked after by Thomson. Never used Thomson before, will certainly use them again. For anyone about to go on Celebration - can I come too?????

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Celebration and have been on quite a few Thomson cruises and on P and O and Ocean Village. In answwer to the question about the dress code, there is one formal night where some men wear dinner suits but a lot wear a dark suit and tie. If you want to give the formal night a miss you can use the Lido instead of the main dining room. Cover up when visiting the buffet after sunbathing and long trousers for the men in the evening in the MDR otherwise anything goes (within reason) ;) Have a great cruise.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1329863

Take it you were on a different Ship to Nathana? lol only joking glad you had a great time

Archived