Car rental in FLL post cruise

cra-z-2cruise

Looking for best way to rent car post cruise for the day and drop it off at the airport later that day. Booked my Princess Panamal Canal Cruise, and just need to book my flights now. Have several options, would really like to get a later flight so we could have some extra time to explore the area before heading home. If car rental is too complicated or too expensive, will just book earlier flight. Thanks in advance for the help

I could not get a really clear answer to this question either and was going to just rent a car at the FLL airport for the day post cruise and just take a cab there from the port because some said there was a shuttle and others said they were discontinued.

Then, I found out that Avis opened a new branch in October at the Hyatt Pier 66 just outside the port. We rented our car from there and returned it at the airport later in the day because our flight home was at 7 pm.

We did self assist and disembarked from the ship at 8 am. I called the Avis office once we went through customs and they sent the shuttle right over.

Give Avis a try.

I believe Budget, Avis and Hertz have car rental offices near the port (someone here will correct me if I'm wrong), and then there are a few at FLL that participate in a shared shuttle that is free back and forth to FLL/Port Everglades, but not all the car companies use the shuttle. We booked with Alamo and if for some reason they no longer participate in the shuttle, we'll just pay for a taxi (I think it's about $10). We were not able to use Budget because they are closed on New Years Day when we are getting back from our cruise, and Hertz and Avis prices were too high. But if you are not going on a holiday, hopefully you can get a good price at one of the companies near the port.

I just googled all of this and got a map of the car rental companies...so hopefully you can find the same info.

Is there anyone out there who knows definitively which FLL Car Rental Companies use the shared shuttle that goes back and forth between the on-airport consolidated rental car facility and the Cruise Terminals at Port Everglades??? I've been searching for such a list for hours and can't believe that one doesn't exist somewhere!

For my cruise next month I am flying into and leaving from FLL with my cruise departing the Port of Miami. I am renting a car from FLL airport to Miami with Hertz to be dropped off at their downtown office that has transportation to the Port of Miami. I am then being picked up at the Port of Miami by Avis and being dropped off at their Downtown office to pick up my rental that will be dropped off at FLL airport...Hertz was $50 and Avis was $35!

Avis now has a satellite rental in the Hyatt Pier 66 and a shuttle to/from cruise ships.

We were pleasantly surprised and dropped off our car right at hotel and taken right to the door with luggage assistance all complimentary. I would imagine you could do the reverse and they would pick you up from cruise and hook you up with a car.

I would also imagine you could store your luggage with valet ... might be limits if not staying at the hotel. But worth asking anyway.

BTW, the area is lovely to explore by boat via intercoastal waterway and there are water taxis to also transport you. Maybe you don't need to drive at all?

Archived