Coral Gables

Cozzette2

I keep seeing that Coral Gables is a desirable location. Is there any particular hotel that you would recommend? The location looks centraly located and closer than airport locations.

If I try booking on Last Minute Travel or Priceline is Coral Gables a location that is offered?

Thanks for your help. Kris

I have been trying for coral gables for a few weeks and went up to 122 for a 4 star for feb 4 to 6th 2011 and was denied the other night.i stayed there last year at the end of january at the westin collannade for 88 US off priceline, and the year before same hotel for 107 off hotwire.I got both hotels during the xmas break of priceline and hotwire.I use only priceline now and noticed a lot of people are having trouble getting a hotel in the miami area for a good price for a 4 star or better.Its a nice area and pretty safe.its about 25 bucks to POM and about 16 to the airport.

I have been trying for coral gables for a few weeks and went up to 122 for a 4 star for feb 4 to 6th 2011 and was denied the other night.i stayed there last year at the end of january at the westin collannade for 88 US off priceline, and the year before same hotel for 107 off hotwire.I got both hotels during the xmas break of priceline and hotwire.I use only priceline now and noticed a lot of people are having trouble getting a hotel in the miami area for a good price for a 4 star or better.Its a nice area and pretty safe.its about 25 bucks to POM and about 16 to the airport.

Shoot - that is too bad. Last time we stayed downtown/financial district and I wanted to try Coral Gables/Coconut Grove due to its proximity to the airport and it being a nice area with shops etc but don't want to spend an arm and a leg either! :D

Hey, thanks for all the replies. I am still deciding on a location and haven't ruled anything out. I hadn't even considered Coral Gables because I thought it may be too far from everything but it looks to be a pretty good location.

I will check the options and it doesn't need to be a Hyatt but something clean and nice,

Thanks, Kris

Let me know how you make out! I too am trying to find something (feb 2-3) and not having much luck with downtown MIA (everything very PRICEY this year!)...and I am considering Coral Gables/Coconut Grove area - but sounds like so far no great bargains there either?

When we cruised out of Miami a couple of years ago, we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Coral Gables on S. Le Juene. It was nice. They had just bought it and remodeled it. The staff was great. They had a restaurant on site. We really liked Coral Gables itself too. We went to visit the Biltmore which was gorgeous. We also went to the Vizcaya Museum and when we got there we decided to stay longer than we originally had planned. It sort of cut short the amount of time we had to do other things we had wanted to do. The Miracle Mile area was nice but we didn't have enough time to really spend much time there. We really wanted to go to the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables but it was closed while we were there. I'd love to cruise out of Miami again. We'd stay there again in a second. We'd just ask for a room further away from the elevator because it made noise during the night.

I keep seeing that Coral Gables is a desirable location. Is there any particular hotel that you would recommend? The location looks centraly located and closer than airport locations.

If I try booking on Last Minute Travel or Priceline is Coral Gables a location that is offered?

Thanks for your help. Kris

Coral Gables is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Miami along with Cutler Bay and Coconut Grove. Definitely stay there.

Check my blog for recommendations.

Archived