QE11 Botanical Gardens

Ashby

My husband and I would like to visit these gardens when the Thomson Dreams calls in at Grand Cayman in January. Has anyone been - are they worth going to. we are very intrested in wildlife, flowers etc. I have checked the Local Bus but it seems abit hit and miss and taxi's are very expensive. The Dream includes the gardens on a tour - but the whole trip is only 3hours so I'm not sure weather we would have enough time there. I donot want to hire a car as I'm not a confident driver and my husband is partially sighted. Has anyone used a good tour company who would include this trip that could be booked when we get ashore. Any ideas please.

There is a woodland trail, flower gardens and a new orchid section at the Botanic Park. It is well worth the visit for those interested.

Additionally the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic park is the home of the Blue Iguana Recovery program which seeks to save this critically endangered species. You can see several of the world's rarest iguanas running free in the park - largely around the woodland trail section.

it is much easier to reach the park using a specified tour or a rental car. Taxis would be quite costly and buses do not pick up from the park's entrance. The park is a 35 minute drive from the cruise port.

There is a woodland trail, flower gardens and a new orchid section at the Botanic Park. It is well worth the visit for those interested.

Additionally the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic park is the home of the Blue Iguana Recovery program which seeks to save this critically endangered species. You can see several of the world's rarest iguanas running free in the park - largely around the woodland trail section.

Drew

How much time should you allow to see the Park?

On the website it says a taxi would run $50 one way is that up to date prices?

Archived