Substituting passengers same as cancelling?

Sandysandy

I called NCL and they told me I could substitute a passenger up to 24 hours at no charge. However, all I can find in writing on ncl.com is:

Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.

I have to make final payment on a cruise tomorrow and am concerned I can't get a required visa in time for someone in our group.

Can anyone confirm we can switch out passengers?

I called NCL and they told me I could substitute a passenger up to 24 hours at no charge. However, all I can find in writing on ncl.com is:

Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.

I have to make final payment on a cruise tomorrow and am concerned I can't get a required visa in time for someone in our group.

Can anyone confirm we can switch out passengers?

We made our final payment in October and I was able to change a passenger earlier this week with no charge.

It depends on the rate you booked. Some special sales do not allow name changes - be sure you didn't book one of those. And then have them send you an email as someone else suggested. It's amazing how often "policy" changes from one agent to another. Always get the agent's name in case you ever need to follow up.

Archived