Kids on board ???

cruisecluestoo

We were on Msc several years ago and didn't seem to have a large amount of kids on board . I see now that they are free . Has that made a big difference . I can say when we were on the Lirica that we heard a lot of complaining but we had a good time . When they had to make the anouncement in so many languages it got old fast . . Thinking of going again .

Dianecruiseclues

The problem of too many kids on board is apparent only during the summer months and the Christmas and spring school holidays. A cruise in October or May for example is blissfully more relaxing. Announcements are made in usually five languages because not all the passengers understand Italian. Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

We were on Msc several years ago and didn't seem to have a large amount of kids on board . I see now that they are free . Has that made a big difference . I can say when we were on the Lirica that we heard a lot of complaining but we had a good time . When they had to make the anouncement in so many languages it got old fast . . Thinking of going again .

Dianecruiseclues

I was on board this past Thanksgiving and there were around 400 child passengers (number was announced during a show) which from the way many responded - other passengers and crew - was not the norm. In my opinion, the majority of the children on this trip were very well-behaved in comparison to the good number of kids I have seen on Disney cruises, that are expected to be there. The only incident I witnessed that really raised my eyebrow on Poesia was a group of boys aged 8-10 running around full speed on the pool deck. On Disney it seemed everywhere we went there was misbehavior like kids talking back to their parents without correction, talking during movies, elevator button pushing, jumping ahead of you in line, etc.. I may notice these things much more than others since I am a teacher of 17 years and often find myself "watching" kids to make sure they are behaving and are supervised, but like I said the behavior on Poesia was much better from the kids overall.

I agree with Capricruiser that it really depends on the time of the cruise. If you are going to be sailing somewhere where it is scholl holidays then there are going to be more kids onboard. I've also noticed that it depends on the length too. You seem to get far more children on the week long than you do on the longer ones and there are almost none on the repositioning cruises.

Thanks to all of you for your reply . I was just wondering because we happen to be on a costa cruise when kids were free and we were out numbered . We happened to pick a week when they had some kind of a break from school . Still had fun but it sure was different

Dianecruiseclues

Archived