Parking In Fort Lauderdale, FL

Bandit

I'm concerned about the parking at the pier in Fort Lauderdale, FL for my up coming cruise. I will be boarding the Holland American Noordam for a 10 day cruise. My question is do they have enough parking spots for all the cruise ships at Midport Parking? It looks like the day we sail so does 3 other Noordam size ships, all HAL. I will be sailing in March. Does anyone know what the price may be at this time for a 10 day cruise.

Do you park and take your own luggage to the pier or do you drive to the pier drop off your luggage and then try to find a place to park?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want things to flow as smoothly as possible. I'm taking care of my friend who is 81 and myself at 68.

What would be the best time to arrive in order to get a parking space or is that not a concern?

Thank-you for any response.

Bandit

I'm concerned about the parking at the pier in Fort Lauderdale, FL for my up coming cruise. I will be boarding the Holland American Noordam for a 10 day cruise. My question is do they have enough parking spots for all the cruise ships at Midport Parking? It looks like the day we sail so does 3 other Noordam size ships, all HAL. I will be sailing in March. Does anyone know what the price may be at this time for a 10 day cruise.

Do you park and take your own luggage to the pier or do you drive to the pier drop off your luggage and then try to find a place to park?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want things to flow as smoothly as possible. I'm taking care of my friend who is 81 and myself at 68.

What would be the best time to arrive in order to get a parking space or is that not a concern?

Bandit

The three times we have used the parking garage we arrived just at 11AM. There will be a bit of a line-up at the port security gate so allow for that. We dropped our luggage off to a porter at the pier, tipped him and then drove across the street to the parking garage. There is an elevator in the garage to the pedway which crosses the street to the terminal. This makes it easy to tote your hand luggage.

Two years ago we paid $15 per day, I believe.

When you disembark your cruise you can get a porter to transport your bags over to the garage right to your car. They are happy to do that for a nice tip.

When you leave the garage you may pay by credit card.

Bandit

What sapper1 wrote is still the same as of right now. However, in this ever changing world, I suggest you check closer to your March cruise, in case of any changes, such as parking fees. You can search Port Everglades through the web as well.

Maxi

Rather than using the parking garages at Port Everglades, we use Park 'n Fly that services both the Fort Lauderdale airport and Port Everglades. They have a shuttle that takes you to the pier and back at the end of the cruise. It is also cheaper than the parking garages.

+1 on the Park and Fly operation.

A really good part is you can reserve your space. So no "sorry full" sign for you.

Last time they were trying out a service for HAL

They took your bags in the parking lot and delivered them to the ship. You didn't have to lug them onto the shuttle.

Cost was $6.00 a bag if I recall correctly.

So no tripping at the pier or on the shuttle.

Gramps

Archived