Mercury: Anyone know which Butlers onboard?

JEDIKNIGHT

You all should pray for me because if this turns out bad, I'm buying max internet minutes, and I promise to start a new thread on tipping or jeans every hour on the hour for 12 days ;)

Dear God,

Please help George to be a very good butler on the Jan 3 cruise on the Mercury. We do not want bickering on the Celebrity threads on topics like dress codes, tipping (and George will get a better tip if he's good), chair-hogging, etc.

Amen

We are sailing on the Mercury on Jan 15th - Sky Suite 1215.

Any info on who the butler will be?

As mere "common folk" not really sure what I will use the butler for, but upgraded to a suite as a surprise for my wife - she loves having a tub. She won't know until we board.

Any info on what we can expect from a butler on the Mercury. Willing to tip extra if service warrants.

I have read some threads about having clothes pressed, shoes shined, etc, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Bruce

We are sailing on the Mercury on Jan 15th - Sky Suite 1215.

Any info on who the butler will be?

I'll see if I can find out, but sometimes they switch without a lot of notice. So whoever's there now might be elsewhere on the ship on the next cruise or later.

I'll see if I can find out, but sometimes they switch without a lot of notice. So whoever's there now might be elsewhere on the ship on the next cruise or later.

If Bonnie cannot find out, I can ask on the January 3rd cruise or recheck then for any known changes.

Bonnie & Jedi: Maybe Ashwin will switch on the January 3rd cruise and be starboard as butler for the PH & RS. It will be Ashwin's last cruise before vacation. BTW: Is Ashwin going for the photo shoot for the "Butlers of Mercury" calendar during his vacation? Maybe that is the real reason for his vacation extension.

Dear Celebrity and Dear God. . . .please assign Ashwin to be the butler for Jedi and his family on the January 3rd cruise. Thank you for listening.

At least I will be on the same cruise if Jedi starts new tipping, dress code, or chair hogging threads and I miss most of the debates that ensue.

Kathy

BTW: Is Ashwin going for the photo shoot for the "Butlers of Mercury" calendar during his vacation? Maybe that is the real reason for his vacation extension.

Didn't you hear ... Ashwin's going to be on the cover! And I've been chosen to go up there w/ my camera & take pics of all of them, lol! Actually, all the butlers that I know are pretty cute & any could be on the cover. (This topic is too funny, btw.)

LOL....it appears this "Butlers of Celebrity" calendar idea has merit.

I can just see it now.....

Mr January, Ashwin

Interests and Turn Ons: Basketball, Capricorns, Leos, biking and rollerblading.

Turn offs: Pax who whine about tipping, or not being able to wear muscle shirts on formal night.

Personal quote... "No, I'm not THAT guy you spoke with when you called Dell Computer technical assistance"

I also need to add for the record that the calendar thing, from my point of view has nothing to do with the cuteness of any butler. :)

Furthermore I watched a hockey game tonight and cheered during the fights.

And I might pop in a Wrestlemania DVD tonight for entertainment.

I also don't like being at the mall.

Bonnie: This thread has been a hoot between the Butlers of Mercury calendar, your prayer to make George a good butler, and Jedi's threat to post while on the cruise. During some of my laughs, I was thinking maybe you and Jedi could team up as comedians on a Celebrity ship. You could be costumed in an R2-D2 costume, and Jedi could be costumed as . . . a Jedi Knight. lol.

I have a feeling Ashwin will hear about the Butlers of Mercury or Butlers of Celebrity calendar.

If I have Buff's experience, I wonder what I should do because I don't plan to deal with that for 12 days.

Jedi: Are you just wondering or were you looking for ideas?

Kathy

personal quote... "no, i'm not that guy you spoke with when you called dell computer technical assistance"

:d rotfl!!!! :d

during some of my laughs, i was thinking maybe you and jedi could team up as comedians on a celebrity ship. You could be costumed in an r2-d2 costume, and jedi could be costumed as . . . A jedi knight. Lol. fine with me!!!!

i have a feeling ashwin will hear about the butlers of mercury or butlers of celebrity calendar. he already knows ;).

I also need to add for the record that the calendar thing, from my point of view has nothing to do with the cuteness of any butler. :)

No, but it has everything to do with a woman wanting to go up there & take pics of them with their shirts off, lol!! :D :D :D

Oh my I just thought of something.

All this goofy stuff I've been saying is not quite as anonymous as posting on the typical "blog" in cyberspace.

I might actually meet Kathy on this cruise. I can just see it now.

"Oh yeah, there's the guy who calls himself JediKnight, and talks about Butler Calendars"

Oh my I just thought of something.

All this goofy stuff I've been saying is not quite as anonymous as posting on the typical "blog" in cyberspace.

I might actually meet Kathy on this cruise. I can just see it now.

"Oh yeah, there's the guy who calls himself JediKnight, and talks about Butler Calendars"

I was actually wishing I could be on the cruise with you guys. I think it could be tons of fun!!! Could I stow away in someone's suitcase??

Jedi

Hope your butler is able to get you a nice six pack on demand......and has

a nice six pack of his own!!!!! Have a great time, I have a feeling that George will be a kick a** butler for you, and I'll look like a typical "now at home and not cruising".....and thus, "bitter" ex cruiser

GBuff

Jedi

Hope your butler is able to get you a nice six pack on demand......and has

a nice six pack of his own!!!!! GBuff

GBuff: I don't think Jedi cares if his butler has a six pack of his own. lol. :eek: Bonnie might, but not Jedi. ;)

Bonnie: It would be a blast. Come to think of it, you look more like Princess Leia. I could be R2-D2.

Jedi: Don't worry. If we meet, I won't mention Butler Calendars (and certainly not to Ashwin either). If I start laughing for no apparent reason, you'll know I'm thinking of this thread and I'll say something like, "That Bonnie sure is funny, isn't she?!"

I won't ask Ashwin if his extended vacation is for the photo shoot!

Kathy

Furthermore I watched a hockey game tonight and cheered during the fights.

And I might pop in a Wrestlemania DVD tonight for entertainment.

I also don't like being at the mall

Reread Jedi's posts....I'm not so sure!....As Shakespeare said "Me thinks

thou dost protest too much"

Jedi....enjoy the 6 pack... To those of you who are fortunate enough to be sailing, have a Merry Christmas, and a wonderful cruise.

I have a feeling that George will be a kick a** butler for you, and I'll look like a typical "now at home and not cruising".....and thus, "bitter" ex cruiser

Yea, that's exactly what I thought of you :rolleyes:. Not.

Kathy ... Yes, abs are important but they've got those guys so covered up with those tuxes, etc that a woman can't appreciate them if they have them anyway. Granted, they DO look so very handsome in those tuxes, but geesh, show me a little skin, lol!! Hmmm .... maybe one day a week they could do their jobs wearing just their pants & a bow tie :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Just an idea. Oh, wait, the butlers are there to help their guests ... they're not just eye candy?? And why was this thread started, again? Was someone asking about the attractiveness of butlers? Was Jedi wondering if his butler would have nice abs & be good looking?? I've lost focus.

And I don't care what character I play, just let me on the ship!!!

I'm starting to feel bad for Ashwin. There'll be pax walking past him with big grins on their faces looking at him funny & he won't know what the heck's going on!

Bonnie: I always liked intelligent, athletic guys (runners or cyclists; note my screen name which is associated with Tour de France), so much so that I married one (not one from the Tour de France, just a brainy runner/cyclist)! Don't worry that you would have to play a character; that was just for the onboard comedy show featuring Jedi and you, but I'm sure you and Jedi don't want to work while onboard. ;) I don't think anyone will look at Ashwin funny (I sure hope not); they know we are just being silly. Kathy

When you heard that George is very experienced and "good", I take it that means he's scored well on comment cards, etc? thanks

Mmmm .... no, I don't know how each of them score on their comment cards. Someone told me those things. George has apparently been working as a butler for many years ... can't remember how many exactly but he's not new to this.

Cool. Sounds like someone who would "know" said George is good. In that case perhaps he had a tough week when Buff didn't have a good experience.

ONLY ONLY if you like, can you please email me? I wanted to ask a question re butlers.

MPDLR at AOL dot com

Again, only if you want to. Thanks

Archived