Points.com website

emcee207

Does anyone have experience with this program that supposedly allows you to consolidate points from several different programs. I have a lot of United Mileage Plus points I'd like to redeem but United doesn't have very good flights from Boston to Florida.

Any other suggestions to help out? Looking for a non stop round trip from Boston to Ft Lauderdale in early March 2011.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have experience with this program that supposedly allows you to consolidate points from several different programs. I have a lot of United Mileage Plus points I'd like to redeem but United doesn't have very good flights from Boston to Florida.

Any other suggestions to help out? Looking for a non stop round trip from Boston to Ft Lauderdale in early March 2011.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMHO, poor redemption rates with Points.com. And VERY poor value redeeming United miles for your trip-25,000 miles for a RT that can be purchased for less than $200 on AirTran is a poor value. But if you have no other uses for your miles, so be it.

You are rather limited with nonstops out of BOS, even into MIA or PBI. Spirit, JetBlue and AA. PLUS, March is the start of Spring Break season, so if you need tickets, grab them while you can before the prices skyrocket. Good luck!!!

greatam, thanks for the help. Ended up not using the United points but had a significant amount of miles with another credit card program so used that. Yes, about the same amount of points but .....oh well. Did get a good Jetblue N/S flight with good times so I was satisfied.

thanks again

A lot of programs only allow you to add points into them, not out of them on points.com. For instance, I can add gas station points into Delta Skymiles or Aeroplan, but I can't take the airline program points and convert them to the gas station or to each other. The value of these points is higher at the gas station than the paltry amount of skymiles they would convert to. If you have some retail points programs that you don't use very often, then converting them into airline points might be better than nothing, but you really take a hit on the conversion.

Archived