Snooty Representative in Wichita, Kansas

Jade13

I'm sorry but Azamara needs an overhaul of its "representatives". I just got off the phone with someone (I'm debating whether to post her name on a public message board - She knows she was wrong so refused to give a last name or ID), but I will be writing to Larry Pimentel (sorry Larry, but they told me after them the only one is you), as I can't even get past the front line to talk to a supervisor (although I don't think the Supervisor will be any more helpful).

Besides my on-going issue since April that has not been resolved, I also want to transfer a second booking to 2012 as soon as the itineraries come out next week. I'm now being told they no longer do OBC for booking on-board or the small ($100.00) deposit so it sounds like I may have to shell out a larger deposit and lose my OBC, or lose the deposit. At the time I booked the monies and OBC could be transferred to another itinerary. It sounded like my deposit was suddenly non-refundable.

This Rep was so unfriendly that I told her she had no right to speak to me in that manner and I was getting off of the phone. I wanted to know how long Choice Air had been around and she had to go look it up ("If you really need to know I will go find out for you"). I was told two years and info is available on the Azamara web site. I wanted to know why I booked on two different ships and was never told about Choice Air (so am loosing out on the promotion). If someone is booked direct I do believe the company has a responsibility to tell passengers about air options/promotions.

The experience with the Kansas City Reps is not in any way or shape in line with the wonderful onboard experience. If some of these people worked for me they would be gone.

Does this kind of personal/personnel issue really belong here?

Maybe I should have toned down the post. But, it does speak volumes about the fact that the shoreside experience does not match the onboard experiance in any way, and has been brought up on these message boads.

I sensed your frustration :)

When I called Club Voyage to confirm cabin assignments due to a possible conflict that I found on Cruise Critic, when I mentioned it to the agent she said quote:

"you saw this on Cruise Critic? Don't take any notice of those people"

Interesting response.

I sensed your frustration :)

When I called Club Voyage to confirm cabin assignments due to a possible conflict that I found on Cruise Critic, when I mentioned it to the agent she said quote:

"you saw this on Cruise Critic? Don't take any notice of those people"

Interesting response.

Not the best response and further training should be done.

Two sides of this though...

The Negative

There's been a lot of comments on these boards that I know for a fact to be blatantly false and incorrect. The comments have been so erroneously to the point of being detrimental to other peoples vacations going smoothly.

The positive

I do know that onboard the ship and in many departments in shoreside Azamara, the comments on this board are taken seriously.

In fact, on Azamara's facebook page they have suggested several times the people go to CruiseCritic.com..join the website and sign up for roll calls.

I'm sorry but Azamara needs an overhaul of its "representatives". I just got off the phone with someone (I'm debating whether to post her name on a public message board - She knows she was wrong so refused to give a last name or ID), but I will be writing to Larry Pimentel (sorry Larry, but they told me after them the only one is you), as I can't even get past the front line to talk to a supervisor (although I don't think the Supervisor will be any more helpful).

Besides my on-going issue since April that has not been resolved, I also want to transfer a second booking to 2012 as soon as the itineraries come out next week. I'm now being told they no longer do OBC for booking on-board or the small ($100.00) deposit so it sounds like I may have to shell out a larger deposit and lose my OBC, or lose the deposit. At the time I booked the monies and OBC could be transferred to another itinerary. It sounded like my deposit was suddenly non-refundable.

This Rep was so unfriendly that I told her she had no right to speak to me in that manner and I was getting off of the phone. I wanted to know how long Choice Air had been around and she had to go look it up ("If you really need to know I will go find out for you"). I was told two years and info is available on the Azamara web site. I wanted to know why I booked on two different ships and was never told about Choice Air (so am loosing out on the promotion). If someone is booked direct I do believe the company has a responsibility to tell passengers about air options/promotions.

The experience with the Kansas City Reps is not in any way or shape in line with the wonderful onboard experience. If some of these people worked for me they would be gone.

Hello Jade13,

I’ve passed on your dissatisfaction to our staff about the quality of service you received from one of our Wichita based reservation representative in your effort to resolve outstanding customer service issues. We’re sorry for the frustration that this encounter has caused you. We will be conducting a staff training program focusing on Azamara and its programs and special promotions and I’m confident that very soon you and others can expect a better experience.

Training is a key element in all our offices since each one operates under the concept of “shared services” which means they handle reservations for all of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd’s three brands. While it provides advantages for the corporation it also presents ongoing training challenges for reservations.

Also, please contact them again and ask to speak to a Supervisor who is familiar with your specific customer service issues and I’m hopeful that your discussion will be pleasant, productive and provide you with satisfaction.

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns and for your loyalty to Azamara.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived