What to do for 7 hours AFTER a Miami Cruise?

MisterVile

I have a 7:35 P.M. flight back home and the cruise disembarkation time is 8:00 A.M. i usually give it an extra hour or two from the cruise and about 2 hours before the airport check-in (Does that sound right for the FFL airport on a Sunday evening?)

so that leaves me with... 7 hours 35 minutes! I researched the best route for me to go, i will rent a car from Hertz (the downtown area close to the port) and drive around the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area and see the what is going on.

So my question after all of this: Where should i go, what should i do? Which beach area are the most interesting? What Miami or Ft. Lauderdale restaurant for a young couple do you recommend?

Most likely we will be in "relaxing" mode after the cruise. I am asking you guys mostly because that is alot of time to see things, but not THAT much time and you would know much better than i would.

Thanks in advance!

Check Blue Heron's blog for current Miami Beach suggestions - beach, dining, shopping, people watching, etc. Hollywood Beach is another fun area to explore - just keep heading up the coast until you find a place you want to stop, and then remember to stop partying in time to get to FLL. :rolleyes: Good luck! :)

Archived