Is the Epic sailing full in the winter?

tru2logan

Just curious on your thoughts about the % of occupied cabins on the epic. I would like to book a cabin on 2011 Dec 17-24 sailing, but i am wondering if you think it is a good idea to gamble and wait it out til after final payment is due 9 month from now. I am ok if i miss out as this isnt " i have to get this cruise" type of vacation. I am looking at IB inside at $689 pp right now. Any thought? TIA

NCL usually sells out the cabins before they sail on every ship... The Epic has been a big boost for NCL and is usually a sell out... However, outside of the holidays during the winter months, not so many school children are aboard as they are during the summer months...

Just curious on your thoughts about the % of occupied cabins on the epic. I would like to book a cabin on 2011 Dec 17-24 sailing, but i am wondering if you think it is a good idea to gamble and wait it out til after final payment is due 9 month from now. I am ok if i miss out as this isnt " i have to get this cruise" type of vacation. I am looking at IB inside at $689 pp right now. Any thought? TIA

I just booked this exact same cruise yesterday...my suggestion is to look deeper for a better deal. I just got an IE for $1439 total with taxes and port fees for 2... plus $190 OBC, plus a bottle of wine, plus only $250 deposit. I booked now because that was the best deal I could find comparing quotes online.

FYI this is the start of Christmas vacation for my kids so it may fill up with school kids.

I booked the Dec. 10th cruise a few months ago because I wanted a specific cabin. If you are looking for something like that, I'd consider doing it now.

BTW, there is no roll call for my date yet so I may have booked no man's land cruise. I have seen folks on the Dec 17th date posting a roll call though.

I just booked this exact same cruise yesterday...my suggestion is to look deeper for a better deal. I just got an IE for $1439 total with taxes and port fees for 2... plus $190 OBC, plus a bottle of wine, plus only $250 deposit. I booked now because that was the best deal I could find comparing quotes online.

FYI this is the start of Christmas vacation for my kids so it may fill up with school kids.

Any hints on who to contact for that rate? Thanks

I just looked up the sail date of 12/18 yesterday and today.

Yesterday there was 20 suites from A4 to D4 available today they are down to 8 D2s. So they have filled 12 in a day.

As for the other cabins The site went down yesterday in the middle of my exercise. But today they have 7 BFs and 2 BGs and a guarantee only for inside cabins.

Our 1/15 cruise there are still 2- A3s 19- BAs to BIs and 66 inside cabins available.

So I think it's safe to say the ship is sailing full to the Caribbean. I had stated awhile ago that Epic was only sailing at 75 to 80% capacity. This is certainly good news for NCL

For our Christmas cruise there is some availabililty but not a lot, and the suites have long since sold out. I'd guess that if epic isn't 100% full, she is pretty close to capacity, and since it's a school vacation, many of the cabins that for the rest of the year might have only held a couple (even if they could hold more) will now also be full.

Archived