Handicap cabin FOS

sunhoney64

I am going to book an Interior Ocean View on FOS. All they have left are Handicap units. They look like they are twice the size of a standard cabin. We are not handicapped but this is all they have to offer. I cant see a down side to this. Anyone have info on this?

This is a loaded question sure to draw many responses. I see that you are looking at a Feb 6 sailing, so you are about 7 weeks out from the sail date. That is very close, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't book the room. HC rooms are at a premium - folks who don't need them should not deliberately book them way ahead. But this cruise has been in final payment for several weeks and has unsold HC cabins, so I would go ahead and book. RCL wants/needs to sell the remaining cabins on the cruise to whoever wants to purchase them.

Yes, that is all they are offering me. I usually book a balcony but am trying to save a little money and still be able to cruise. I never even gave it a thought that people would book them without needing them. They have 4 cabins left, all of which are handicapped. Thought about doing a Guarantee in hopes to be upgraded to balcony. I know....wishful thinking. Just not sure what to do.

We book Promenade rooms most cruises. Two years ago on Liberty of the Seas, the only Promenade cabin left was a Handicap. RCI offered, and I accepted. Obviously, they were trying to fill up the ship and I needed that class room. The room was double width, with an HUGE bathroom. If a handicapped couple would have needed the room, I would have had not problem vacating and accepting another room. That was not the case, so my wife and I enjoyed the luxury of having some elbow room in our Promenade room.

Use the towels (get extra from steward) to make a dam around the shower to not flood the floor.

Final payment is past, take the cabin and enjoy your cruise. Let guest relations know if someone NEEDS the cabin you will move. Maybe to a balcony?

And yes, I use a powerchair.

Sherry

Archived