How does Your Time Dining work?

S&S Cruisers 1983

Hi everyone. We are thinking of trying Carnival and would like some information about dining. Do you have to make a reservation for the time you want each night or do you just show up and wait for a table for 2 people? Also, is there only certain restaurants that you can dine at if you do take this option for dining? Thanks!

On all of the ships with two dining rooms (all but the Spirit class...) Your Time Dining is conducted in the midships dining room.

You show up when you want to eat and a member of the staff will seat you. It's really designed for folks who want a table for two or four so you should not seen much of a delay if any at all...

:)

We did your time dining for the first time on our Fascination cruise this past Oct. and absolutely LOVED it. Never more than a cpl min. wait, even on elegant night. Will be doing it again on our may cruise. I dotn think we will ever go back to assigned dining if given the choice.

baf

I have done it 3 times on Spirit class ships. This last one is the only one we ever waited and you get a pager and there is a lounge usually outside the dining room to wait. The busy time is usually in the 7pm range. If there are no tables for 2 they may ask you if you want to sit with someone else. If you don't then just wait for a table for 2.

The Spirit class ships also have Your Time Dining.

They use the upstairs of the main dining room.

You just arrive and tell them how many at the table.

IF you like your server the first night you can request the same staff all cruise so they get to know your preferences.

We will only cruise now if we can get Your Time Dining on the ship.

On all of the ships with two dining rooms (all but the Spirit class...) Your Time Dining is conducted in the midships dining room.

You show up when you want to eat and a member of the staff will seat you. It's really designed for folks who want a table for two or four so you should not seen much of a delay if any at all...

:)

Perfect! Just what I wanted to know. We have Inspiration booked for next Christmas and this will be the first time we will try this style of dining.

We just returned from our 12/17 to 12/22 cruise on the Fantasy.

It was romantic trip just for my husband and me, so we weren't really interested in sitting with people we didn't know and being forced to make small talk. Therefore, we chose YTD and we are SO GLAD we did! We arrived every night between 6:00 and 7:30 and NEVER had to wait. We received a table for two every night. We also had a different server every night, but everything went well and we had no complaints about anything or anybody. We will definitely sign up for YTD from now on. It was just so stress and hassle free!

I prefer "Your time dinning" better because I am single and I like to meet lots of people at dinner time.

On my most recent cruise I sat down with 3 men at my table. They were interesting to talk with on the first day. The second day one of the guys didn't show up. On the third day.... I was ready to leave those men in the dust by themselves. They were not compatiable and I wasn't much fun for them either. I didn't show up for dinner on the last day.

I had decided that I would rather order room service and watch a movie on my cabin t.v.

I could have asked to be moved to another table but I decided to stay because our waitress was so great and she didn't want me to leave.

I bought her a gift in Mexico. She was real happy that I gave her a gift. I gave it to her on my last day of dinning at her table.

Archived