Eclipse Jan. 15

suzzek

We will be first time cruisers on the Eclipse Jan. 15, 2011. We are very excited, so I have been trying to read as much as possible to get an idea of what to expect. I'm wondering if we are the only ones booked on that cruise because I haven't seen anything from anyone else about that particular cruise on any of these boards! Also, I booked excursions in each of the 3 ports we will be at and am now wondering if I jumped the gun...is it possible to cancel and get a full refund? We enjoy activities, but also like to browse around. Is there time to do both?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here is a link to the Roll Call for your cruise (where you can chat with others going on that same exact cruise): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1229837

If you booked the excursions through Celebrity, you should be able to cancel. I believe you can cancel up until about 48 hours before the excursion's scheduled start time.

You should be able to get good information about excursions/what to do in the ports on the Roll Call for your cruise.

Have a great trip :)

Hi,

I also offer my welcome to Cruise Critic! Warning, though, this is a VERY addictive place. Hehehehehehe ;)

You have a variety of options available to you regarding shore excursions arrangements, cancellations, bookings, changes, etc.

In addition to what you've already discovered in searching and booking online in advance, your stateroom TV is an interactive device allowing a wealth of shore excursion information. You can review offerings, plan how to optimize their timing, review video footage of your excursion options, etc.

There is also the Shore Excursions Desk/Office which is on the starboard side in the Grand Foyer on Deck 3, Midship, just aft of the Passport Bar, right outside an entrance to the main dining room. They will be most happy to help you.

As for browsing on your own in port, this is always something we enjoy doing. So, the answer to that aspect of your query is a hearty "Yes, there's usually plenty of time for it!" Often shore excursions are offered in morning and afternoon incarnations. Therefore, you could select a morning excursion that offers an overview of a port, return to the ship for lunch, and then venture ashore in the city/village for some independent afternoon browsing and shopping, photo ops, etc. Just remember to be VERY mindful of what time you need to return to the vessel.

Have a wonderful cruise vacation!!

CM

We will be first time cruisers on the Eclipse Jan. 15, 2011. We are very excited, so I have been trying to read as much as possible to get an idea of what to expect. I'm wondering if we are the only ones booked on that cruise because I haven't seen anything from anyone else about that particular cruise on any of these boards! Also, I booked excursions in each of the 3 ports we will be at and am now wondering if I jumped the gun...is it possible to cancel and get a full refund? We enjoy activities, but also like to browse around. Is there time to do both?

Hi & welcome! Come join the roll call @ the link Gonzo70 posted. We are on this cruise as well. There's about 80 of us on the roll call so far.

Have you signed up for the Celebrity Cruise Critic Connections party yet?

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

Cheers,

Jennifer

Thanks all for the info...now I'm confused about how to join roll call. I did sign up for the Connections Party by following the link, and I've spend waaaay too much time today reading everyone's posts on the roll call link (You're right, it is addicting!) but I don't see where I can sign up for roll call. Help? Thanks!:confused: When I click on the "Connections" link it takes me to the RCI page for "meet and mingle"

Thanks all for the info...now I'm confused about how to join roll call. I did sign up for the Connections Party by following the link, and I've spend waaaay too much time today reading everyone's posts on the roll call link (You're right, it is addicting!) but I don't see where I can sign up for roll call. Help? Thanks!:confused: When I click on the "Connections" link it takes me to the RCI page for "meet and mingle"

You don't have to formally sign up for a Roll Call. The Roll Call is just a thread on cruise critic for your specific cruise. You can post on the Roll Call whenever you like as well as read others people's posts. Sometimes someone on the Roll Call will create a list of everyone on the Roll Call; if someone is doing that on your thread, they will add you once you make a post on the Roll Call introducing yourself.

The Connections Party is a party Celebrity throws on the ship for people who participated on the Roll Call. To be invited to the party, you do have to click on the "Connections" link and fill in the information to register for the Connections party. The party is often held early on in the cruise so that people who have been chatting online on the Roll Call can meet each other face-to-face once on the ship.

Archived