XCaret

JWSJ117

My family and will be traveling in Cozumel on a CCL with four kids (two 4 years old & two 8 years old). We have read about XCaret & think it might be a fun day. Can anyone share their experiences. What activities have you done? What would you do or not do again? Thanks for sharing!!

I have personally never been to Xcaret, only Xel-Ha, but this was on a land vacation. Xcaret would be a very long travel day as you have to take the ferry over from Cozumel (30-45 minutes) and then drive south (about 30 minutes or more depending on traffic). On the way back you are at the mercy of the ferry schedule, which don't always leave every hour...I would be so afraid of not making it back on time!

If you do decide to go, I hear that the "Mexico Xpectacular" show is incredible.

Our first cruise we went to Xcaret....my son was 3....it was one of the best days of our lives! So much stuff to do and see.

I would highly recommend going here but I would book through Carnival so that you dont have to worry about getting back to the ship on time.

Our first cruise we went to Xcaret....my son was 3....it was one of the best days of our lives! So much stuff to do and see.

I would highly recommend going here but I would book through Carnival so that you dont have to worry about getting back to the ship on time.

We did Xcaret a few years ago on one of our 5-day cruises which ported in Calica, so with that instead of Cozumel, we only had a bus ride to Xcaret and not a 45 minute ferry ride,then a bus ride, then the reverse to get back to the ship. Evenso, I would go back there in a heartbeat if the others wanted to go. As previousely mentioned, there is so much to see and do and even with the ferry ride, i would highly recommend it,through carnival. http://mappery.com/maps/Grand-Xcaret-Tourist-Map.jpg Here is the layout of it, you've probably already explored this? Or you can go to http://www.xcaret.com/ and check it out there.

Archived