Paradise Beach Pics ... who can be first?

monicajay

Lisaland,

How was everything at Paradise Beach? With Tom gone, just wondering if you noticed a difference? We are going in 16 short days! Can't wait to check out the new pool!

Vicki

Nope, no difference. Well, except more water toys since I was there in 2009. Colleen, the new PR manager, was very personable and visible around the area.

You'll love the new pool! It's neat that some of the lounge chairs are sitting in the water.

The place has really changed since we were there back in 2005!! I seen on their web site they have a menu but do not post the prices for beverages. Can anyone comment on that? We are in Cosumel on the Valor Jan 26th. We are trying to decide between PB and Nachi Cocum, the AI sounds good but if you don't luck out with the weather it could turn out to be a day NOT to remember! We are not big drinkers but knowing the cost of a beer and a bottle of soda may determine which way we go.

Thanks,

Mark

When we went in they didnt ask for any money but she did tell us the prices and said someone would catch up with us. She said if we just wanted to use the lounge chair then it would be $2.00 with a minumum beverage/food purchase of $10.00 If we wanted to use the water toys then it would be $12.00. I guess if you bring a towel and sit on that then it is free:) No one ever came and asked us for any money but we did spend more than the minimum on food & beverages. We ordered 2 orders of Cheese Quesadillas, seasoned fries, 2 strawberry smoothies, 2 banana strawberry smoothies and 2 virgin Miami Vices. I believe that added up to

quesadillas $13.00

fries $5.50

smoothies $22.00

Miami Vices $11.00

$51.50 plus tips for 4 of us

That is just a rough estimate. I cant remember if the virgin daiquires were $5.50 or $6.50

We were at Paradise Beach in 2005 and loved it. I am trying to figure out where the pool is? There wasn't much available beach front property if I remember correctly unless Paradise Beach bought additional land on either side of the original property? Also, I don't think prices appear to have changed much in several years. We were one of the first ones there the day we visited. I found amazing how many people didn't order one thing. I am sure that is why they had to make some changes in minimums, chair charges, etc. I think the pool looks fabulous. On a cruise ship, the pools are so small, it will be great to have a chance to enjoy a larger one!

We were at Paradise Beach in 2005 and loved it. I am trying to figure out where the pool is? There wasn't much available beach front property if I remember correctly unless Paradise Beach bought additional land on either side of the original property? Also, I don't think prices appear to have changed much in several years. We were one of the first ones there the day we visited. I found amazing how many people didn't order one thing. I am sure that is why they had to make some changes in minimums, chair charges, etc. I think the pool looks fabulous. On a cruise ship, the pools are so small, it will be great to have a chance to enjoy a larger one!

We were just there last week and I was SHOCKED.

IT was beautiful but soooo different than when we were there in October.

Oh what a difference a few months make.

The pool is before you get to the beach. It is beautiful.

Nice videos - thanks for sharing!

The place looks pretty crowded.

Is there still a $10.00 food/drink minimum purchase?

Even young adults were struggling to climb those steep inflatables. Doesn't seem like it's worth $12.00.

We were there Jan 4th and there were only 3 people in the pool.

We were back Jan 8th and it were a few more but not many since there were only 2 ships in port.

My sons have climbed everything Paradise Beach has many times (we go as many as 5 times a year) and the ONLY thing that is hard to climb is the iceberg. The rest ... our special needs son who has a muscle disorder...can handle.

When we went in they didnt ask for any money but she did tell us the prices and said someone would catch up with us. She said if we just wanted to use the lounge chair then it would be $2.00 with a minumum beverage/food purchase of $10.00 If we wanted to use the water toys then it would be $12.00. I guess if you bring a towel and sit on that then it is free:) No one ever came and asked us for any money but we did spend more than the minimum on food & beverages. We ordered 2 orders of Cheese Quesadillas, seasoned fries, 2 strawberry smoothies, 2 banana strawberry smoothies and 2 virgin Miami Vices. I believe that added up to

quesadillas $13.00

fries $5.50

smoothies $22.00

Miami Vices $11.00

$51.50 plus tips for 4 of us

That is just a rough estimate. I cant remember if the virgin daiquires were $5.50 or $6.50

That video ROCKS.....

Yes, guests are on the "honor system" where the $10 mininum is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
A taxi will run you $12-15 (depending on where you dock) ONE WAY for up to 4 people. If you are just a couple, check into a larger van going that way and see if you can get it for $5 each (each way).

There are always plenty of taxis....so don't worry about being able to catch one back.

You do NOT need reservations.

There is no entrance fee. There is a $2 to use a lounge chair/table/umbrella on the beach.

There is an OPTIONAL (not required) wristband if you want to use the nonmotorized water toys....kayaking, snorkeling, you can even climb a coconut tree (did that...made it to the top)...

ENJOY !!!

OK, can someone explain a little further. If you do the $12 wristband, do you get a lounge chair with it? Also, if you just do the $2 fee for a lounge chair, is that a chair at the beach or the pool. Can you do a couple hrs one place and then move to the other??

thanks,

ps. great videos

OK, can someone explain a little further. If you do the $12 wristband, do you get a lounge chair with it? Also, if you just do the $2 fee for a lounge chair, is that a chair at the beach or the pool. Can you do a couple hrs one place and then move to the other??

thanks,

ps. great videos

When you walk in, you will be greated by a person selling wristbands. For $2 you can get a lounge chair (for both beach and pool) for an additional $14 you get another wristband which is for the inflatables. We were never told about a minimum food/drink order. Have a great time!:D

When you walk in, you will be greated by a person selling wristbands. For $2 you can get a lounge chair (for both beach and pool) for an additional $14 you get another wristband which is for the inflatables. We were never told about a minimum food/drink order. Have a great time!:D

Sounds good to me. I'm just worried how crowded this gets. I see that there are a total of 4 cruise ships there the day we are.

Any new reports of anyone being there?? How many ships? how crowded?

Archived