cabin move

dudley dennis

Hi to everyone just checked our cruise details with p&o and i noticed that they have moved us from JG B Deck cabin B206 to riviera deck JC to cabin R607.

Is this classed has upgrade any idea why they have moved us with not been on a cruise before.

many thanks

dennis:)

Hi to everyone just checked our cruise details with p&o and i noticed that they have moved us from JG B Deck cabin B206 to riviera deck JC to cabin R607.

Is this classed has upgrade any idea why they have moved us with not been on a cruise before.

many thanks

:mad: Hope you are late to bed and up early. :mad:

Mike

many thanks

Ignore the Rat, he knows nothing! He's not even been on Ventura :rolleyes:

We stayed on Riviera Deck in April and there was no noise what so ever. It's technically classed as an upgrade, but the deck above overhangs the balcony more so there will probably be less sun than on B deck.

The upside is, if you plan to do any ironing while on board the laundry is just across from your cabin!:)

many thanks

Which ship? Ventura?

I agree with ROSEBASKETS about the overhang on R deck. If you look at a pic of the ship and a deckplan you can clearly see where the overhang begins. It actually mentions the overhang for certain cabins in the brochure.

It is classed as an upgrade as the R607 is more midship than B206, therefore more expensive. If you don't mind the shade it will be fine but I would prefer to keep the original cabin.

Same thing happened to us when we booked through travel agent we booked C deck on Ventura.

Checked cruise personaliser one morning suddenly on R623 rang P and O asked why the change and was told it was a complimentary upgrade and that they had sold our cabin which we chose and paid deposit months ago. This they stated could not be reversed.

It appears when the travel agent completed the booking form for us which they always do, they ticked a box stating that we would accept a complimentary upgrade.

A lesson learned if you want the spot you choose dont tick the relevant box for upgrade.

On the positive side C deck balcony is overlooked although I think they are a bit larger.:)

Same thing happened to us when we booked through travel agent we booked C deck on Ventura.

Checked cruise personaliser one morning suddenly on R623 rang P and O asked why the change and was told it was a complimentary upgrade and that they had sold our cabin which we chose and paid deposit months ago. This they stated could not be reversed.

It appears when the travel agent completed the booking form for us which they always do, they ticked a box stating that we would accept a complimentary upgrade.

A lesson learned if you want the spot you choose dont tick the relevant box for upgrade.

On the positive side C deck balcony is overlooked although I think they are a bit larger.:)

Our TAs have never asked us about this. I would be most annoyed if this happened to us as we choose our cabins carefully. I didn't think they could actually do this without asking you if you accept the upgrade?

C deck balconies are great, they are semi covered, semi uncovered and bigger than the others.

Our TAs have never asked us about this. I would be most annoyed if this happened to us as we choose our cabins carefully. I didn't think they could actually do this without asking you if you accept the upgrade?

C deck balconies are great, they are semi covered, semi uncovered and bigger than the others.

Any responsible TA should ask if you are prepared to accept an upgrade at the time of booking. If you say yes to this, then you have to accept wherever they put you, but it will be in a higher grade, although often it will be an identical cabin in a perceived "better" location. If you say no then you stay with the cabin you booked.

I presume your TA must have put you down as a yes.

Brian

We must have only ever had irresponsible TAs then as they have never asked us this :eek:. We book with one or other of the well known internet agents. If they tick a box on our behalf, then it will be their fault for not asking us and we wouldn't accept it.

I will have to remember this next time we book. Thanks :D

Agree with Brian

We never agree to a upgrade within a grade (and as we have a balcony cabin,it would be rare to get upgraded to a mini suite - although it does happen).

My reasons are the same as above, I choose my position of cabin with care, usually a year in advance- the deck will be B or C, and midships. Ideally near to mini-suites as if its good enough position for a mini-suite, my balcony next door must be pretty good then -lol.

Never near the lifts or launderette, or under a public deck. Always midships for stability, and never stern or bow.

Archived