Best adventure in Grand Caymen

kittenaround

I agree, do a stringray trip.....We used Fat Fish Adventures and road jet skies to stingray city and then snorkeled on a reef. We had a blast. This tour was worth every penny we paid.

This tour sounds awesome! Thanks for mentioning it! The website says to meet at the Hard Rock Cafe. Is that right near the pier?

I had planned to do the stingray trip, but was with friends who don't really like getting wet, so we did the submarine. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny? YES! What a great way to see,fish, turtles and coral without getting wet. The sub wa not full, and we could go back and forth and look out both sides. Absolutely fabulous for people who don't want to get wet. And for those who want to see alot!:)

I had planned to do the stingray trip, but was with friends who don't really like getting wet, so we did the submarine. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny? YES! What a great way to see,fish, turtles and coral without getting wet. The sub wa not full, and we could go back and forth and look out both sides. Absolutely fabulous for people who don't want to get wet. And for those who want to see alot!:)

Did you book through the ship or privately? If privately, which company? Thanks!

What was your best adventure/excursion on the island?

Hi Kittenaround -

Via December HAL 2010 Cruise. We booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour via e-mail with Sharon from Native Way Watersports ($62.50 pp). Solomon was at cruise ship dock to meet us as promised. This tour was absolutely wonderful! We only had 12 people on our large 2 level boat the "My Way." Solomon, Everton and JC are great and knowledgeable guides! Visited Stingray City (arrived before most tours), Coral Reef and Rum Point for lunch and then back through Iguana ally. JC took pictures of us individually kissing/holding the stingrays in the water ($20 extra for one picture on CD or entire (individual) shoot for $40). Rum Point is beautiful - lunch on the island was excellent, excellent!! Had time to relax and walk around on shore before scheduled return. This was hands down one of the highlights of our 14 day cruise. Ask for a tour on the "My Way!!" It really was a great experience! Have Fun!!

This tour sounds awesome! Thanks for mentioning it! The website says to meet at the Hard Rock Cafe. Is that right near the pier?

I don't know if you have found your answer or not but the Hark Rock Cafe is about a 5 minute walk from the pier.

We also did Fat Fish Adventures and it was great! We went with our two teen boys and we all rode our own jet ski and it was well worth the money.

Been on the Moby Dick Tour and would go back in a heart beat. Cannot think of any negatives. When we had completed the tour with the Rays, the cruise ship tour came in with a cattleboat full of people, just too many people for me.

Last year, we had grandchildren age 8, 9 & 11 with us and did the Turtle Farm, they were very impressed.

Archived