Heathrow flight delays?

chef_christoph

Hello to my UK cruising friends,

As some of you know, my wife is currently living in Wales. We are supposed to be spending the holidays together here in Canada and then hopefully a little getaway on Majesty of the Seas before she has to fly back to the UK.

As most are aware, the weather has caused many delays and cancellations at Heathrow.

My wife is supposed to fly from Heathrow on December 22 and I am nervous about the flight being canceled or severely delayed.

I have looked at the long range weather forecast and it doesn't look too bad to me but the standards for snow/ice removal seem to be different over there and I don't know if I should be trying to make alternate plans or not.

Can someone here who is more familiar with flying from Heathrow give me a best guess of how well Heathrow might be able to handle the current flight backlog and if you think the weather as it is currently forecast might be cause for further problems?

I know no one can predict the weather and I certainly am not looking for anything other than an educated guess at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Manchester Airport is operating normally today...it did when the north of England had very heavy snow a couple weeks ago too. Not owned by BAA who own Heathrow.

You could always keep an eye on Manchester's conditions via their website and maybe change the wife over to a Manchester flight if need be.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf#247

Christophe, we are in Cardiff, no snow here for 24 hrs but more scheduled for tomorrow and Tuesday. I don't think Heathrow will be too affected by more snow, but it can't be ruled out!

Really hope your wife can get to Heathrow, trains and buses have been severly disrupted here.

We are hoping to travel on Thursday with a flight :( from LHR on Friday, but we'll see. We have a cruise booked from NOLA on 26th Dec, so hope we can get there!

Best wishes that everything works out to all who have travel plans over the next few days and Travel Safe!!

Thanks so much everyone for all the help!

I am a very happy guy because my wife arrived as scheduled on Wednesday. The best Christmas present I could have asked for.

All the best to everyone here!

Hey Scott..thats great news :D

Hope you both have a wonderful Christmas together :D

Archived