Steakhouse opinion needed

TikkiTembo

What is the Chefs table? We ate at the supperclub many cruises ago, but they had nothing called the chefs table.

Chef's Table is offered on the smaller ships that don't have a steakhouse or other alternate dining. There's a rather long thread about it recently and I posted some links to youtube videos of our chef explaining the dishes.

$75 PP 8 courses plus appetizers served in the galley and a tour of the galley during dinner prep.

Just off the Conquest on the 12/12 - 12/19 sailing from Galveston. We ate in the Pointe on Wednesday night and it was truly worth every penny (plus some)! The wait staff were gracious and prompt and the food was fantastic. I had the lobster bisque, filet mignon, and the chocolate sampler. The filet (medium rare) was the best I have ever had in my life!

The lobster bisque was very good - but - I was disappointed in the chocolate sampler dessert. I guess I had been totally spoiled by the warm chocolate melting cake in the MDR.

Please take the recommendations made here and try the steakhouse! You won't regret it!!!

Comparison

MDR Steak,,,,, Bonanza, Golden Corral, etc,etc

Steak House,,,, Ruths Chris, Metropolitan Grill,, think high end steaks

Nice analogy.

Yes, you can do it at home - I've made meals this nice many times. It typically involves at least the $60 spent at the grocery store, a couple hours of prep, a couple hours of cooking, and getting the boyfriend outside to grill the steak and lobster to perfection.

Ummm, I think OP was referring to restaurants on land. Don't forget to add in having someone come to your house and cook and serve ;)

Did the Dream Steakhouse on our Dec 11th sailing. For me, any future cruises will not include the Steakhouse on our plans.

My porterhouse was only fair... cooked exactly as I asked, but the strip side had a high amount of connective tissue. I almost made up my mind to send it back, but decided to just eat it. The tenderloin side almost made up for it, probably one of the best tenderloins I've had at a restaurant in a long time.

My wife's surf and turf was very good to her, the lobster was great, the filet was great. She was happy.

The service was average, the deserts were amazing.

I didn't feel it warranted the $60 up-charge from the food in the MDR. YMMV.

I tried the steakhouse for the first time on my last cruise in June, and it was fabulous. I'm going on the Dream in Jan, and I am so excited to go back to the Steakhouse. The only problem is deciding what to order, there are too many yummy options to pick just a few courses. On this cruise, my boyfriend wants to eat there every night to thoroughly sample everything on the menu. Personally, I think that's overkill, we may just go twice.

Archived