Do you like the new layout of the RoyalCaribbean website?

b&wcruiser

No, I don't like it. It's WAY too much like Carnival's site which I always hated.

Try using their new iPhone app....it's so bare bones it's silly. If you want to book a cruise from it - it links you to the full website which is almost non-functional on an iPhone.

The new website has also made the price checking program some of us use to be unusable. :(

Gina

Grrrrrrrr, what am I doing wrong.

I type in Allure Oct. 30, 2011 balcony D5 and it sends me back to the home page, every time !!

Don't have time to play around with it but always liked to check for price drops.

Anyone help????

Maybe we are going about it differently. I started a sample booking for that cruise, selected category D5 and it assigned me to a cabin midship on 7. I selected "Change Cabin" and is gave me a list of D5s all over the ship.

How did you proceed?

I'm adjusting.

I still think there are too many clicks to get to where I want. I don't like the pop up telling me what I can pay to upgrade to since I know what I really want, but I can see how it will draw people in and possibly work for the profitability of the company which is important in the long run. I wish I could turn that "offer" off permanently.

Gina

Slower than old one. And every time a user "clicks" on something it uses more of the server and makes it even slower for all users. Would like to see more information all at once instead of having to make selection after selection to get to one small piece of information.

I'm adjusting.

I still think there are too many clicks to get to where I want. I don't like the pop up telling me what I can pay to upgrade to since I know what I really want, but I can see how it will draw people in and possibly work for the profitability of the company which is important in the long run. I wish I could turn that "offer" off permanently.

Gina

I hate it.

I don't like it. Slow, too many gratuitous graphics. I imagine they will lose a lot of bookings from people with dial up modems. ;)

I want to be able to get right in there with an advanced search so I can check prices. This new site makes that hard.

No! and No!:rolleyes:

HATE IT! So far, at least. Maybe I will learn to like it. But, it's much more difficult to search prices. For example, the old site would list categories separately, such as D1, D2, D3, etc. On the new site, it only shows one, such as a D2. If you want to see prices for the others, like D3, D4, etc, you must click on that category....waste of time! Plus, it shows very inaccurate photos of ships and rooms. I searched for the Jewel transatlantic in May, and it shows a photo of the Enchantment....duh! And, when searching balcony catgories for Allure, it shows a photo of a junior suite until you actually click on the specific balcony category....very misleading and lacking attention to detail! HATE IT!

HATE IT! So far, at least. Maybe I will learn to like it. But, it's much more difficult to search prices. For example, the old site would list categories separately, such as D1, D2, D3, etc. On the new site, it only shows one, such as a D2. If you want to see prices for the others, like D3, D4, etc, you must click on that category....waste of time! Plus, it shows very inaccurate photos of ships and rooms. I searched for the Jewel transatlantic in May, and it shows a photo of the Enchantment....duh! And, when searching balcony catgories for Allure, it shows a photo of a junior suite until you actually click on the specific balcony category....very misleading and lacking attention to detail! HATE IT!

All of this is so true.

I liked seeing all 3 D category prices at once instead of a range...then having to click each D icon to see the exact price of each.

And on the RD cruise I was looking at, it shows a Family OV for a OV and a JS for an Inside. :confused: They are a combo of old and new style rooms - until you click the photos tab and then all of a sudden you can see the correct type of room but a different style of decor than the original pic. It will all be very misleading to new cruisers who don't really know what the rooms look like. If I saw that Family OV suite and thought I was getting that as my basic OV, I'd be VERY disappointed when I walked into my room.

It seems that the process for getting rid of the old red, white and blue bedspread pictures should be easy enough. I mean really, if they are completely changing the website - let's get the proper and current pictures in there.

Gina

After RCL changes to the new layout, I keep getting 'Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site' popped up when I search for cruises. For example,

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?date=201100&ship=LG

Tried emailing the RCL Helpdesk, all I get is 'Unfortunately, it is very difficult to satisfactorily diagnose and correct internet-related issues via email'.

Can anybody help... I am using IE 7.0 with 128-bit encryption and javascript enabled.

Archived