Voyages to Antiquity -- Tender Ports

cruisemom42

I wanted to start a thread asking previous VtoA cruisers to identify which ports on their cruises were tendered. I know there were some issues with tendering -- whether it involved the tenders themselves or the tendering skills of the crew, or just bad luck and rough waters.....

At any rate, in trying to decide which Voyage(s) to book in 2011, I'd like to know which ports are tendered (and thus have a somewhat higher risk involved of missing them) versus ports where the ship is docked. It might be useful for others as well, particularly anyone that might have difficulty boarding a tender.

I will start:

Safaga: docked

Sharm el-Sheikh: tendered

Ein Sokhna: docked

Beirut: docked

Tartous: docked

Latakia: docked

Cyprus: docked

Antalya: docked

Athens: docked

Great idea for a blog. I'm not going to post my Pompeii trip yet. Hopefully someone who was on the later version of this cruise will post since they did re-jig some of the ports. Something people might include is how easy to disembark at the port.. we had to step off at some very narrow, damp steps a couple of times. - Shar

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think there are any "ethics" problems with reposting your own cruise reviews here - pretty hard to re-write something new and novel for the same experience for different websites, right?.

Hope you do post your review here as we are looking for any and all input for our trip on VYA next November (Palmyra Rival to Rome).

Archived