To our neighbors in room 7416 on Victory, 12/12/10...

GLENANDT

Carnival has lots of policies that they do not implement due to the fact that they have streamlined the crew..I just came off the Liberty 12/18/10 and there were people at breakfast in a doo rag and a Carnival bathrobe..Nobody said a word they probably didn't notice they were too busy.....

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Where is the policy about that? :confused:

Itruly feel bad. I woud have asked them to respect everyone else who has a cabin above, below and beside. I would go nuts listening to nothing but Diana Ross, don't like her music.

The worst experience I had was on the Triumph where the neightbors were chain smoking (on balcony), door slamming (in the cabin and balcony door), and there was a heck of a lot of arguing going on. The problem was they didn't speak English and I left it in the hands of guest services...it didn't get too much better...the door slamming at all hours did get better, a little....

Clearly, they were ignorant of everyone around them...shame on them!

complaining "after the fact"....now that makes alot of sense...NOT !

Sorry.... no pity from me on this one as you should have went to guest services and advised them of the issue WHILE ON THE SHIP

I'm not asking for any ones PITY. I just wanted to point out for future cruisers to just keep in mind your neighbors around you. Should I of gone and complained either directly to them or to GS ... Yes I suppose I should have. I'm not a first time cruiser and this was the first time I encountered such rudeness. I was just trying to make a point for consideration of others.

I'm not asking for any ones PITY. I just wanted to point out for future cruisers to just keep in mind your neighbors around you. Should I of gone and complained either directly to them or to GS ... Yes I suppose I should have. I'm not a first time cruiser and this was the first time I encountered such rudeness. I was just trying to make a point for consideration of others.

And you are not the first person to have a problem with a neighbor on a cruise ship.... point being, why complain about it after the fact when you did nothing to actually correct the problem.Had you said..."We had a problem" "If your problem is like ours was when you are on your next cruise...don't do like us and just grin and bear it...contact someone onboard to get the problem possibly resolved". Something like that MAY HAVE BEEN OF SOME ASSISTANCE to the boards and new cruisers... but what you stated was pretty much nothing other than a complaint AFTER THE FACT !

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsideriate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

See - this is the kind of things I'm reading I do NOT DARE repeat to my husband! Since we've NEVER been on a cruise and have scheduled an Alaskan one - I'd fear he'd cancel the whole thing! Especially since we had Mr. ****** next door to us in a hotel a month ago and 2:30 AM seemed to be his "medicated" time. Nothing like loosing sleep while on vacation...ugh! Thanks for the laughs though - my worry level is still high for our upcomming 9/7/2011 NCL Pearl cruise (sigh)

See - this is the kind of things I'm reading I do NOT DARE repeat to my husband! Since we've NEVER been on a cruise and have scheduled an Alaskan one - I'dfear he'd cancel the whole thing! Especially since we had Mr. ****** next door to us in a hotel a month ago and 2:30 AM seemed to be his "medicated" time. Nothing like loosing sleep while on vacation...ugh! Thanks for the laughs though - my worry level is still high for our upcomming 9/7/2011 NCL Pearl cruise (sigh)

No need to worry. There are ways to handle this type of situation so that your vacation is not ruined. This is no different than every day life, folks. Whether you are in a movie theater, hotel room, or any other public venue. What would you do then?

complaining "after the fact"....now that makes alot of sense...NOT !

Sorry.... no pity from me on this one as you should have went to guest services and advised them of the issue WHILE ON THE SHIP

I`m sure that we`ve all had loud neighbors on at least one cruz. One year on the Glory, we had a couple that came back to their cabin every night and partied loudly until 4:00 or so.

1st: I approached them with courtesy-no results

2nd: I called guest services-The noise stopped for the rest of That night.

3rd through rest of cruz, I called guest services (they never answered the phone (honest) the rest of the cruz., went to the help desk and got no resolve.

Our less than friendly neighbors started getting multiple 5am wake up calls and other door treats daily.

To the Op - that stinks that inconsiderate people next to you impacted your vacation.

However, "elders", or "youngers" :rolleyes: all deserve respect. Huge pet peeve of mine that some believe that once you reach a certain age you should automatically be accorded respect, regardless of how you behave.

We had bad balcony neighbors as well. Not a radio situation, but a constant slamming of the balcony door, and I mean wake-up-from-a-dead-sleep-slam !!) This went on day and nights until the wee hours. In addition, they left their balcony light on all night long. This may seem like a minor thing to some UNLESS it's YOUR balcony neighbor. Also, most cruisers know that the particians are not sound proof. One morning we were enjoying our coffee when one of the neighbors stated that she couldn't wait to get to the pharmacy in port so she could get some meds to cure her reoccurent infection. I wont mention where it was, but we got way to much TMI. We were not eves dropping but just couldn't help but to hear. Needless to say we got up and had our coffee in our cabin. And, yes we did very nicely mention the slamming and the light and were told that "everyone seems to slam the door around here" and they needed the light on the balcony as they enjoy reading until 3-4 am. So we just grinned and beared it and didn't enjoy our balcony as much as we would have liked to.

We had the same problem on our Thanksgiving Spirit cruise. Our neighbors had an adjoined balcony with their neighbors so there were a lot of them and they were constantly slamming doors! They also left their balcony light on all night, every night! It drove me nuts!!! Finally I wrote them a nice note and after that, the light was off at night! :)

I`m sure that we`ve all had loud neighbors on at least one cruz. One year on the Glory, we had a couple that came back to their cabin every night and partied loudly until 4:00 or so.

1st: I approached them with courtesy-no results

2nd: I called guest services-The noise stopped for the rest of That night.

3rd through rest of cruz, I called guest services (they never answered the phone (honest) the rest of the cruz., went to the help desk and got no resolve.

Our less than friendly neighbors started getting multiple 5am wake up calls and other door treats daily.

|My kind of man. :D

As more and more "newbies" enter the cruising world, I fear this will get worse and worse.

It is just like you can tell which people have never stayed in a hotel before...(or only do it once every 5 years)....

seems they bring 'we were raised in a barn' lifestyle with them. :o

Unfortunately there are quite a few people in the world that are obvlious to everyone else and think they are the only ones that exist. I just encountered several of them at Target on my lunch hour who would not move from blocking entire aisles, walk right in front of me, can't seem to mutter the words excuse me, thank you, etc.

Definitely call Guest Services next time, a week like that is too long. :(

We had bad balcony neighbors as well. Not a radio situation, but a constant slamming of the balcony door, and I mean wake-up-from-a-dead-sleep-slam !!) This went on day and nights until the wee hours. In addition, they left their balcony light on all night long. This may seem like a minor thing to some UNLESS it's YOUR balcony neighbor. Also, most cruisers know that the particians are not sound proof. One morning we were enjoying our coffee when one of the neighbors stated that she couldn't wait to get to the pharmacy in port so she could get some meds to cure her reoccurent infection. I wont mention where it was, but we got way to much TMI. We were not eves dropping but just couldn't help but to hear. Needless to say we got up and had our coffee in our cabin. And, yes we did very nicely mention the slamming and the light and were told that "everyone seems to slam the door around here" and they needed the light on the balcony as they enjoy reading until 3-4 am. So we just grinned and beared it and didn't enjoy our balcony as much as we would have liked to.

OMG..I feel really bad. This was our first balcony and we would leave our balcony light on at night as a night light for our room. We were all the way to the top and only had one neighbor but I feel horrible if our light bothered them, I never gave it any thought at all. Thanks for clueing me in for future cruises

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsiderate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

Hopefully, it was at least late 60's Diana Ross. :eek:

When I was in my 20's, I used to think that everyone wanted to listen to MY music.

I realize now how inconsiderate I was.

I'd rather had Diana Ross instead of the screaming kid we had next to us on the balcony, I don't know why they would allow that kid to scream like that. I have 3 grands and there is no way I would allow that behavior ANYWHERE!!!:D. I also would have gone to guest services:)

Archived