To our neighbors in room 7416 on Victory, 12/12/10...

GLENANDT

OMG..I feel really bad. This was our first balcony and we would leave our balcony light on at night as a night light for our room.

Neighbors should not be the only concern. Doing that at night may attract deer.

Bill

On our cruise a couple of weeks ago we had neighbors across the hall that had early morning conversations in the hallway with their friends. Woke up every morning to them laughing and conversing outside of the room. I guess they thought we would love hearing them as opposed to sleeping in and waking up to the ocean!!!

On our cruise a couple of weeks ago we had neighbors across the hall that had early morning conversations in the hallway with their friends. Woke up every morning to them laughing and conversing outside of the room. I guess they thought we would love hearing them as opposed to sleeping in and waking up to the ocean!!!

Hallways and doors are a completely different issue vs. an open balcony and not so good neighbor. If better soundproofing was used on walls/doors ???.....well perhaps they got a deal on that too like the naugahyde for public seating...but thats another thread !

Sorry it disrupted your sleep....I personally bring earplugs with me to avoid that problem. ;)

we had a group of people in the "gathering" who would sing every morning at breakfast. we would all just be eating and chatting, all of a sudden this group would break out in loud singing. it would go on for about 5 minutes. it was great, i really enjoyed the entertainment. those were great moments i will cherish.

Carnival has lots of policies that they do not implement due to the fact that they have streamlined the crew..I just came off the Liberty 12/18/10 and there were people at breakfast in a doo rag and a Carnival bathrobe..Nobody said a word they probably didn't notice they were too busy.....

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

It seems that every cruise, we see people coming to breakfast dressed in robes, slippers, and definitely just rolled out of bed. It doesn't matter which ship, there are a few on every cruise. After many cruises we now know that some people do not know any better. They have no idea that this isn't public behavior. It would do no good for the staff to say anything, they just do not get it. If, by the time you are an adult and you book a cruise, if you do not know how to dress, there is no way the staff will be useful, they don't get it, and they will probably just argue.......

On the Triumph last week, we had an obnoxious neighbor down the hall a little bit who reminded me of an obnoxious frat boy...he always talked in an annoying shouting voice and was trying too hard to make people laugh with his not-funny jokes. They normally only bothered us as they were making their way back to their room so the noise was just for a minute as they walked by and then they'd go into their room and I couldn't hear them. Except for one night when they were outside in the hall just chatting...sounded like 7 or 8 of them out there....I gave them 10 minutes and was about to call guest relations but they went in their room. I try to be lenient and understanding because we do go to bed early and that's not anyone's fault but ours, but it's not like it was 8:30 or something, it was 11:30....definitely late enough for them to have courtesy not to stand outside of someone's door chatting...errr, screeching.

Well I did wear earplugs to drown out any sounds like that but they were sooo loud!! They and their family actually stood right outside my door along with the room steward just talking and laughing and kids were yelling. Sorry but while the hallways are a public place, people need to be respectful cause those doors are not sound proof. It's annoying to me and I wouldn't do it.

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsideriate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

Glenandt,

If it happens again, approach them calmly and tell them your therapist made you go on this cruise. Tell them he assured you the voices in your head would calm down, but that their music is making them shout at you. Tell them that you called your therapist and he told you to run to the infirmary and ask them to restrain you, but you can't bring yourself to do that.... Then look above you and yell 'No! I won't do that again. I won't do that again!'

Well I did wear earplugs to drown out any sounds like that but they were sooo loud!! They and their family actually stood right outside my door along with the room steward just talking and laughing and kids were yelling. Sorry but while the hallways are a public place, people need to be respectful cause those doors are not sound proof. It's annoying to me and I wouldn't do it.

Well now if the room steward was included in this noise issue (and you did not mention that part in your original post), I certainly would have contacted him to let him know that you are a light sleeper and their daily chats outside your door were disturbing your rest. Yes, what occurred was impolite for certain, but you did nothing about it !

On the Triumph last week, we had an obnoxious neighbor down the hall a little bit who reminded me of an obnoxious frat boy...he always talked in an annoying shouting voice and was trying too hard to make people laugh with his not-funny jokes. They normally only bothered us as they were making their way back to their room so the noise was just for a minute as they walked by and then they'd go into their room and I couldn't hear them. Except for one night when they were outside in the hall just chatting...sounded like 7 or 8 of them out there....I gave them 10 minutes and was about to call guest relations but they went in their room. I try to be lenient and understanding because we do go to bed early and that's not anyone's fault but ours, but it's not like it was 8:30 or something, it was 11:30....definitely late enough for them to have courtesy not to stand outside of someone's door chatting...errr, screeching.

I think that sounds like a perfectly reasonable approach. Everyone's on a cruise & having fun, so you have to let a few things sliiiiide off your back & not freak out about every little annoyance. But I think that people just don't realize how loud their voices are in the hallways.

Glenandt,

If it happens again, approach them calmly and tell them your therapist made you go on this cruise. Tell them he assured you the voices in your head would calm down, but that their music is making them shout at you. Tell them that you called your therapist and he told you to run to the infirmary and ask them to restrain you, but you can't bring yourself to do that.... Then look above you and yell 'No! I won't do that again. I won't do that again!'

And if that doesn't work end the discussion with, "look, I don't mind going BACK to prison".

Always works on my daughter's dates!:)

Should have said something but I didn't! I know that is my fault but I didn't want to cause any problems with the steward and guests. So I have this board to do my complaining on!!!

Now that will really solve the problem, eh ? Complain here if it works for you, but in my eyes, you get a problem corrected when possible while onboard the ship w/out worrying about "causing problems" that you did not start !

To each his or her own I guess.

Goodness I am the one who was put out and yet I get a rude comment because I chose NOT to complain onboard. I was irritated but I decided not to cause any problems between the room steward and the guests. I think that was a great decision on my part.

I'm not asking for any ones PITY. I just wanted to point out for future cruisers to just keep in mind your neighbors around you. Should I of gone and complained either directly to them or to GS ... Yes I suppose I should have. I'm not a first time cruiser and this was the first time I encountered such rudeness. I was just trying to make a point for consideration of others.

So, how does all this consideration from your fellow CC members feel?

Unfortunately most feel that unless it happens to them, that it's really not a problem.

Then others always mention that you handled it completely wrong. And these are from members who are here to help one another with advice and information.

It seems to me that your balcony neighbors showed you about as much consideration as you got here.

Sad.

I'm sorry you didn't get to fully enjoy your balcony, but hope you had a nice time anyway.

Merry Christmas.

Goodness I am the one who was put out and yet I get a rude comment because I chose NOT to complain onboard. I was irritated but I decided not to cause any problems between the room steward and the guests. I think that was a great decision on my part.

When you are unhappy with any service you receive you complain on the spot to people that can help at that time... complaining or voicing your concerns here after the fact may help you vent.. but it didn't help you in that specific situation... Next time COMPLAIN... :D

Glenandt,

Now that's a great idea. Too funny!

Not intended to be rude at all....problems with neighbors on a cruise ship happens all the time and is not something new to any aspect of life on or off a ship....sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not, but if it happens to me on a cruise I get assistance at the time of the problem...NOT AFTER THE FACT.

If you wanna wine about it and complain after the fact....how is that going to solve the problem :confused: other than to make you feel better I guess !

we never had noisy neighbors but we had a much older couple who obviously handwashed the mrs undergarments. she would hang them either at the rail so that her bras would wave like a flag on our balcony or clip very large granny panties to the top of the divider which because they were in frt of us ended up on our balcony. ewwwwww...the steward did speak with them thank goodness....my kids were freaking out!!!!!!!!

watch i just jinxed myself to have the noisy ones next trip.

So, how does all this consideration from your fellow CC members feel?

Unfortunately most feel that unless it happens to them, that it's really not a problem.

Then others always mention that you handled it completely wrong. And these are from members who are here to help one another with advice and information.

It seems to me that your balcony neighbors showed you about as much consideration as you got here.

Sad.

I'm sorry you didn't get to fully enjoy your balcony, but hope you had a nice

time anyway.

Merry Christmas.

Thank you! And Amen. I totally agree with you. And yes, besides this issue we had a great time.

Merry Christmas to you too!

I don't know if anyone called guest services. I did not out of respect for my elders.

:confused:Huh???

That is totally ridiculous.

Your balcony neighbors were rude for what they did.

However, the continued use of that radio for the entire cruise is your fault because you didn't report it....Sorry, but if you have any complaint while on board, take care of it right then and there. Suffering with that all week wasn't necessary.

Definitely call Guest Services next time, a week like that is too long. :(

Exactly. ;)

Carnival has lots of policies that they do not implement due to the fact that they have streamlined the crew..I just came off the Liberty 12/18/10 and there were people at breakfast in a doo rag and a Carnival bathrobe..Nobody said a word they probably didn't notice they were too busy.....

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

What is it with the Liberty??? :confused:

I think I'm gonna refer to it as the 'Robe Ship' from here on in.....

:confused:Huh???

That is totally ridiculous.

Your balcony neighbors were rude for what they did.

However, the continued use of that radio for the entire cruise is your fault because you didn't report it....Sorry, but if you have any complaint while on board, take care of it right then and there. Suffering with that all week wasn't necessary.

Be careful.... you will be accused of chastising this member for providing your opinion and suggestions of "taking care of it right then and there" !!! :eek:

Be careful.... you will be accused of chastising this member for providing your opinion and suggestions of "taking care of it right then and there" !!! :eek:

I don't think you can get in trouble for stating a fact...although, you never know around here.

Archived