UK Blog Post: Does the price of booze affect your choice of cruise?

LauraS

• Administrators

In an attempt to prove what great value it offers, P&O Cruises has issued a statement listing the many things included in its holidays. One of the items is ‘pub-priced drinks’. *If you enjoy a pint, this does sound appealing, although I wonder, if you board a ship and drinks are expensive, do you consciously [...]

More...

It's just something else to factor in when deciding which cruise to take....and it does come over as money grasping if duty-free booze is passed on to the pax at a vastly inflated price, plus the ridiculous tip( which, by the way, not mentioned in your blog, is that the 15% on Indie was removed by Robin Shaw for all UK sailings...).

I don't think the actual price is the issue so much as the feeling of being squeezed at every opportunity. The majority of Brits and Irish, I should imagine, will remember sailing on ferries, where one of the perks was the cheap booze whilst sailing, so it's a shock to some to find it doesn't happen on cruise ships.

No...not so much the price- the attitude on some lines is what's at fault.

Jo.

In an attempt to prove what great value it offers, P&O Cruises has issued a statement listing the many things included in its holidays. One of the items is ‘pub-priced drinks’. *If you enjoy a pint, this does sound appealing, although I wonder, if you board a ship and drinks are expensive, do you consciously [...]

More...

Yes the price of " booze" does seem to be a deciding factor in the choice of cruises for us Brits. A great holiday on the IOS was marred by the price of the drinks especially the wine for mealtimes. It was our first holiday with RCI and we have also booked another cruise on The Grandeur for all our family of 9 to celebrate our Golden wedding July 2011. I am now very nervous about the drinks prices and wished I had waited to book the July cruise till we had been on the IOS holiday. My mistake I know.

Archived