Flights out of San Juan?

MileHighCruiser

Hubby and I will be on the Constellation in December, which arrives in San Juan at 7:00am on Dec. 24th. Any thoughts on how early we could catch a flight? I don't want to book too early and miss our flight...
No location, but from your handle it sounds like you're from the Denver area. If you're taking United, be advised that they put on two extra flights out of San Juan for Saturday cruise returns (via O'Hare), both in the afternoon. If the timing of the daily morning flight makes you nervous (it's at 10-something as I recall), you can get the 2-something instead. If I had my April trip itinerary in front of me, I could tell you explicitly, but by then the exact flight numbers and times will have changed anyway.

I asked this question a while ago and two different people told me that a noon flight would be safe. United has a 1:03pm flight, so if you can get that one you will be just fine (that's the one I'm going to be on in April).

Hey Mile Hi,

Will you be on the Constellation Dec 17-24? We have started a roll call for that date. Not too many responses yet, but it is nice to see some more of us going.

Our flt on Dec 24 is scheduled for 2pm as of now. We are flying into Philly.

Barbara

Yes, we are indeed in Denver. Probably won't take United; American is having a fare sale right now, where certain flights are only $340 (but it leaves at 9:45am). I'll think we'll spend a little extra and wait for the later flight.

Barbon, we are on the same cruise - I think my husband (Bryon) has posted to that roll call. We're really looking forward to it!

Having flown in and out of San Juan four or five times I think you would be very safe with a noon flight.

We are going over Thanksgiving week (2005), Celebrity air said we could make a 10:10 AM flight. However, they also said if the terriost warning went from yellow to orange we could be significantly delayed. Which I took as we would miss our plane.

We booked on our own and the plane leaves at 1:20 PM.

Archived