Zuiderdam June 25th 2005 Who's going?

jneaves

sorry I didnt answer about Nassau or Tortola. The popular thing in Tortola is to catch a ferry over to V.Gorda Baths. In Nassau either enjoy Atlantis or there is plenty of beautiful beaches to choose from. It all depends on if you have young ones or older teens. I have done a ton of research on the different ports and have some info. Feel free and ask.

In St. Thomas I would recommend the Godfrey tour. He will pick you up at the Ship either 9,10, or 11 am depending on how much time you want to shop. He has a pickup point from shopping at noon, he then gives you a two hour tour of the island. Around 2pm you get to select which beach to go to (If you want) He will drop you off at the beach of your choice and pick you up again around 4pm to get you back to the ship.

While in Tortola I would recommend Virgin Gorda Baths, the kids will love hiking through the hugh boulders. There also is a straw market in Tortola that I would visit on the way back from the "Baths".

In Nassau, You could either do a day pass(rent a room) at Atlantis and enjoy its amenities. Personally I enjoy the local beaches as opposed to the Vegas style glitzy hotel thing(Atlantis). The Jitney bus will take you to all the beaches you need. $1 pp each way. A cab will do the same for about $10-12.

We will be coming from a week in Disneyworld so we are really looking forward to relaxing.

We're going! we're going! Can't wait! I want to do the horseback riding in the water but haven't really thought about the other stuff. The sunset cruise and the pirate cruise looks neat.

Have you booked your excursions yet?

I have been looking at this cruise and wondered about the amount of teens on board. I will be bring two 16 year old girls and wondered if they would find enough other teens to hang with. Last HAL cruise I took was mainly seniors.

We are either going to book Royal on the 18th or HAL on the 25th. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived