Jet Ski Tour

Tamara

I did a search and couldn't find a post on CRUISE CRITIC referring to the company "Jetski Safari and Fishing Tours". If you search "George Town Grand Cayman" on Trip Advisor this company comes up as #1 with terrific reviews. If you search "Grand Cayman" on Trip Advisor "Fat Fish" comes up # 1 and Jetski Safari #17 which is still excellent. Has anyone used this company? How was your experience? thanks -tamara

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise and our jet ski excursion with "Jetski Safari and Fishing Tours". We had an AMAZING time! Everyone agreed it was the best day we have ever spent on Grand Cayman. Our guides, Chris & T.J. were friendly, fun and professional. If your looking for a little adventure on GC give these guys a call!

We used the "Fat Fish Wave Runner Tour" last week and were REALLY disappointed. Our ship was delayed getting into port due to the weather - so we were delayed in getting to the pick-up site for Fat Fish....(We wrongly assumed that the company would know that all ships were delayed that day.) Jet skiing to the snorkeling site took about 15 minutes over VERY rough water and then we spent only 5 minutes snorkeling....At Stingray City, our guide let me take 1 photo with each of my 3 sons holding the fish and then said that he had run out of food for the rays (so I couldn't get anymore photos of them holding the fish.) SOOOO we spent about $500 for the wave runners and they couldn't even bring a few more fish?? Our family thought it was a waste of money - wish we had used a different company.

We had the opposite experience with Fat Fish Adventures. It was one of our favorite excursions so far. We felt that we had plenty of time to snorkel and also with the Stringrays. They told us the water was calm the day we were there and we really enjoyed riding the jet skis. The time listed for the tour was about 2 1/2 hours but we probably had about 3 1/2 hours by the time we were done. We all said that if we went back to to the Cayman Islands, we would do this excursion again and felt that it was worth the money. Our family had 4 our of the 6 jet skis available so not sure if that made a difference or not.

We had the opposite experience with Fat Fish Adventures. It was one of our favorite excursions so far. We felt that we had plenty of time to snorkel and also with the Stringrays. They told us the water was calm the day we were there and we really enjoyed riding the jet skis. The time listed for the tour was about 2 1/2 hours but we probably had about 3 1/2 hours by the time we were done. We all said that if we went back to to the Cayman Islands, we would do this excursion again and felt that it was worth the money. Our family had 4 our of the 6 jet skis available so not sure if that made a difference or not.

This was our experience as well. It was my DH & I and another couple (not from the cruise ship). I would guess we were out there 3 1/2 - 4 hrs. We had plenty of time with the stingrays & then snorkeling. We even took time out at a little beach bar on the back side of the island...it was great. Now I will say the water coming back was choppy so it made the ride a little rough but that isn't anyone's fault. We had a blast & we still say it is one of the best things we've ever done. :) We actually want to go back to G.C. just so we can do this excursion again.

Sorry this was not the same for you.

I believe the owners (both Gordon's) are friends. They keep their jetski's at the same location which is the marina many tours use. The day we went the ocean was choppy BUT we thought that made it even MORE fun. The Fat Fish tour also came to Kaibo after us and the guides were very friendly towards each other. I believe both tours are very compatable and like all the posts on this board, two families can have very different perspectives of the same experience.

Fat Fish was AMAZING! We used them in September. They were very friendly and we had plenty of time with the rays and snorkeling. Then on the way back, the guide took us to "Starfish Beach" where we each got to hold a huge starfish. There were only a total of 4 of us on 2 jet skis (me, my friend, and another couple). We would do this tour again in a heartbeat!

We booked the early trip and was glad that we did since it was a little longer than expected. We didn't have to worry about the time and didn't feel rushed. Have fun!

This was us! We were out there much longer than expected. It was so much fun. We did some shopping afterwards. You will be a little tired though if the water is choppy...just saying. Still totally worth it. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. The first time I went jet skiing was in Cancun on a tour. It was great and I fell in love with jet skis. It's better to go with a tour first time out and in new territory.

I'm looking for a place to jet ski in GC & Cozumel

• 1 month later...

I booked a tour with Jet Ski Fishing and Safaris and we had a great time. The day we were there was windy and they had small craft warnings out. Gordon gave us the option to jet ski and snorkel on the 7 mile beach side of the island at a reduced rate or we could get our deposit back. We opted to jet ski and had a great time. On that day there were 4 cruise ships in port and there was only 6 of us on this jet ski tour with 2 guides. Ater we were done with the tour they dropped us off at the Royal Palms for some beach time, then we caught a taxi back to the port. If I go back to Grand Cayman I would definately go with these guys again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Travelgirl,

There is a compartment on the jet ski for smaller things that is fairly dry. There is a larger compartment in the front that can hold the snorkle gear. When we went we left the stuff we wanted dry locked in the van.

The first time we did Stingray City it was off a boat and there were a lot of people but it was incredible because we had probably 50 huge rays swimming all around us. There was so much interaction. The next time I thought it would be fun to do it by jetski. I have to say it was better by boat for us. Although we loved riding the jet skies all the stingrays were at the big boats so the experience was not near what it was off a boat. We had one or two rays cruise by here and there but it just wasn't the same.

Archived