need advice on dinner clothes & laundry

goingtocruise

Am all packed, but need to know if I will be out of place. Packed skirt and nice tops and a couple of informal dresses for dinner and penny loafers for shoes. Will I fit in, or does everybody just wear slacks? I enjoy dressing for dinner on a cruise as it is something I rarely do at home. For the young men I thought black dress pants, button up shirt and maybe a tie? Don't want them to pack dress shoes, so I'm not sure what they will wear. Also, is there a self serve laundry on the ship. Need clean clothes for Disney after the cruise. We won't have enough dirty clothes by Tuesday.

I almost always wore business casual, no tie, and I didn't feel overdressed. At least half of the passengers don't take time to dress any differently for dinner but this is dependent on many factors (ship, itinerary and time of year). My advice is to dress as you wish and don't worry about being out of place. There are no self serve laundries on any NCL ship, but most ships offer a laundry bag special where you can put as many clothes into the bag for standard wash and fold service for around $25. Roll your clothes tightly to get as much in the bag as you can.

That's the beauty of Freestyle, if you want to go formal you may. I wore a suit on our last cruise on "dress up or not night". Quite a few did dress up (at the time I was eating I guessed about half were duded up), but there were also people wearing shorts (allowable on the Sky in one of the MDR's).

Forget the ties, and possibly the black dress up pants for the kids. Let them wear clean jeans. Their running shoes won't stick out this way. ;)

I've always brought along khaki pants, and never wore them. Brought 2 pairs of jeans, and never ever felt out of place.

bring those clothes only if you want...its resort casual all the time even on the DRESS-UP or NIGHT nights and you wont stand out either way...

its FREE~STYLE ...YOUR CHOICE:)

just got off the SUN for 2 weeks and you saw everything from a tux here and there some gowns too down to shorts, shirts and capris.

there are no self serve laundrys on the NCL ships!

Am all packed, but need to know if I will be out of place. Packed skirt and nice tops and a couple of informal dresses for dinner and penny loafers for shoes. Will I fit in, or does everybody just wear slacks? I enjoy dressing for dinner on a cruise as it is something I rarely do at home. For the young men I thought black dress pants, button up shirt and maybe a tie? Don't want them to pack dress shoes, so I'm not sure what they will wear. Also, is there a self serve laundry on the ship. Need clean clothes for Disney after the cruise. We won't have enough dirty clothes by Tuesday.

you should be just fine. There are lots of people who wear summer dresses for dinner. Yes, more will be in slacks or capris but you will not be out of place. As for laundry, if you are taking a week long cruise, which I assume you are, about 1/2 thru the week there will be a laundry special. I think it is $25 for a bag and though the bags don't look that big, you would be surprised how much you can jam into one. No, there is no self laundry anymore.

Nita

What's the dress in the nice paid restaurants? Do they tend to average out with people in nicer attire than the MDRs? If you wanted slightly more formal would Le Bistro or comparable on dress up or not night be a good idea?

You do? Didn't know that - thanks!

Yep, ya' do. I think it's 25% for silver and gold and free for platinum.

It is not listed on the latitudes benefits, so the discount may vary by

ship, but the platinum is free on all ships.

When you get on board, call the Latitude's desk and ask if it available and if it's every day.

Enjoy!

Forget the ties, and possibly the black dress up pants for the kids. Let them wear clean jeans. Their running shoes won't stick out this way. ;)

I've always brought along khaki pants, and never wore them. Brought 2 pairs of jeans, and never ever felt out of place.

Agreed....unless the kids enhoying wearing slacks and ties on vacation leave them home. There won't really be any other kids all dressed up on NCL. Nice jeans (no rips or tears) are allowed in ALL dining venues.

What's the dress in the nice paid restaurants? Do they tend to average out with people in nicer attire than the MDRs? If you wanted slightly more formal would Le Bistro or comparable on dress up or not night be a good idea?

All the same no matter where(at least it was like that on the Dawn). I went to the Le Bistro and Cagney's Steak House in my jeans(Levi) and a t-shirt, sandals, even asked if my dress was suitable and was admitted no problem. The guy there said it is Freestyle so enjoy.......... which I did. If I remember correctly, there was a one time Captain's dinner at the cost of $75.00 each and proper dress(jacket, shirt and tie) was required

Archived