Oasis - Impressions (Long)

RLM77

Oh my goodness... I'm drawing a blank right now. I was on Oasis mid October 2010 and I can not recall where these automatic doors are. I don't remember being bothered by them but what is worse, I just don't remember seeing them.

In between the indoors and the outdoors. The worst one was the one outside the Windjammer (which is really around the corner from the Windjammer). Not only didn't they open all the way, the doors were also angled from the walkway. Plus it was always crowded at that spot.

I guess another reason we stayed away from the WJ the entire cruise.

Again, nothing that would keep me away from another Oasis class cruise. In fact, I can't wait to be back! (Well, on any cruise for that matter.)

In between the indoors and the outdoors. The worst one was the one outside the Windjammer (which is really around the corner from the Windjammer). Not only didn't they open all the way, the doors were also angled from the walkway. Plus it was always crowded at that spot.

I guess another reason we stayed away from the WJ the entire cruise.

Again, nothing that would keep me away from another Oasis class cruise. In fact, I can't wait to be back! (Well, on any cruise for that matter.)

Whew...I remember now. I didn't mind the automatic doors at all. The doors always functioned without a problem going to Central Park and The Boardwalk. I still don't remember the doors by Windjammer, however.

My family and I were also on the Oasis on the 18th.

I would like to add that my husband and I loved Vintages. It is an intimate wine bar with amazing tapas. We had lunch there on the first day while the kids explored.

We went back every night for a drink and delicious food. By far the best food on board.

$2-$3 per "plate" of tapas. We ordered four plates and was filling enough for the two of us.

I'll probably post a review in the reviews section, but I'll add a little of my opinion, since I was on that same cruise:

- Solarium is amazing at night! I pretty muched owned the place at night as I stay up really late- my friend and I have "snoring" issues with each other, so one of the highlights of this trip was sleeping at night in the "cabana" while the cool breeze flowed over me, then waking up to see Cozumel right ahead of me getting closer and closer as the sun rose...no one seemed to mind that I slept there a couple of nights.

- Some of the best food I had were from unexpected places- Sure the dining room and Giovannis has good food, but my favorite things I ate were the pretzel dogs from Wipeout Cafe, the chicken bacon sandwich and ice cream sundae from Johnny Rockets, and some amazing marinated turkey breast from Solarium Bistro!! Vanilla cupcake from the Cupboard was great too!

- The prices in the stores seems to drop by the last day (friday) at least on some sale items, so it's probably good to wait.

- I unlike many thought the Windjammer was HUGE and we always found seating, though yes it gets packed.

- Loved Pinnacle Lounge and Pinnacle chapel, so elegant, quiet and peaceful.

- Dazzles is an amazing place to dance the night away, we didn't really try Blaze out.

- I found the bagpiper! Even took a video of him playing!

- Come fly and Frozen in were amazing shows, glad we saved those for the last day.

- The fried plate for 2 at Seafood shack was AWESOME (though unhealthy of course)

Someone asked about the library. I went to see it and filmed it. It is fairly small but cute and TONS of books!

I recommend everyone sail on this class once at least!!!

Archived