Legend Food First Day

Jack&Laura

Not sure what you mean by "main cafeteria" but you'll have NO problem finding something to eat! We were on the Legend a few weeks ago, and we nearly ate ourselves sick in the first few hours going from station to station on the Lido deck! The chicken tenders are to die for! ENJOY!

The cafeteria is known as the buffet on Lido deck. There are 4 stations...2 buffets, an Oriental buffet, and a Deli. There is also a salad bar, pizza, and there is a grill for burgers, dogs, chicken fingers out by the pool. Spirit class ships don't have the pasta bar or fish & chips. The Main Dining room is not open at embarkation. But there are alot of choices and plenty of food!

The cafeteria is known as the buffet on Lido deck. There are 4 stations...2 buffets, an Oriental buffet, and a Deli. There is also a salad bar, pizza, and there is a grill for burgers, dogs, chicken fingers out by the pool. Spirit class ships don't have the pasta bar or fish & chips. The Main Dining room is not open at embarkation. But there are alot of choices and plenty of food!

Nice explanation, Linda! :) I didn't realize they called it the cafeteria. The entire Lido deck was all just one big "hog trough" for DH and I! :D

When getting on ship, is there anyplace to eat other than the main cafeteria? On the Freedom, there were other choices.

Unfortunately there is not anything else available and while there is a lot there it is really not very good. Typical cafeteria food.

Unfortunately there is not anything else available and while there is a lot there it is really not very good. Typical cafeteria food.

That would be your opinion. Certainly wasn't ours! :D

But as you said, there is a lot of variety, and I'd think everyone (well, almost everyone) can find something they like! :)

Nice explanation, Linda! :) I didn't realize they called it the cafeteria. The entire Lido deck was all just one big "hog trough" for DH and I! :D

No, the OP called it a cafeteria...most call it the buffet;)

That would be your opinion. Certainly wasn't ours! :D

But as you said, there is a lot of variety, and I'd think everyone (well, almost everyone) can find something they like! :)

Not our opinion either! There is plenty to choose from...do I like everything I have ever tried at the buffet? No. But I can always find things I like. Some people expect to have gourmet food 24/7...they should sail the lines that cost mega bucks and provide it!

By the way, I loved your review! Just goes to show how some people are given lemons and make lemonade! Well done!:)

No, the OP called it a cafeteria...most call it the buffet;)

Not our opinion either! There is plenty to choose from...do I like everything I have ever tried at the buffet? No. But I can always find things I like. Some people expect to have gourmet food 24/7...they should sail the lines that cost mega bucks and provide it!

By the way, I loved your review! Just goes to show how some people are given lemons and make lemonade! Well done!:)

Thanks, Linda! Overall, we had a BLAST! (I'm cruise "price shopping" at this very moment... :rolleyes: :D)

DH's tastes in food are all over the place. He raises cattle and loves fried anything, but he also loves fresh fruits and veggies. On the cruise, he ate a ton of fresh fruit daily and almost always a salad from the salad bar daily. Fruit has gotten so expensive here at home! He still buys it (he eats 2-3 fresh fruits daily for lunch :rolleyes:) but he doesn't buy as much as he'd like because the selection is sometimes less than desirable.

Seems there was also sushi available at one of those stations most of the time. That's one thing we DON'T eat, but I guess many people do! The desserts were absolutely splendid! :)

Legend-ahhh, how I miss her. Lido deck buffet, there is a section of Taste of the day", mexican, indian, american, french, etc. There is a mongolian section, you pick the meat choice, the veggies and they wok it for you. (didn't try, hubby did), a deli sandwich section, a pizza-calzone-(open 24 hours by the way), hamburgers/hotdogs/chicken strips area, a salad bar, a dessert section. I think that if you cannot find any thing that you like, you probably only like truly expensive cuisine, or your own cooking best. I'm grateful I 'm not cooking or having to do the plates, that always makes the food taste better. But no, the MDR is not open on sail day or any day that the ship is in port.

Thanks, Linda! Overall, we had a BLAST! (I'm cruise "price shopping" at this very moment... :rolleyes: :D)

DH's tastes in food are all over the place. He raises cattle and loves fried anything, but he also loves fresh fruits and veggies. On the cruise, he ate a ton of fresh fruit daily and almost always a salad from the salad bar daily. Fruit has gotten so expensive here at home! He still buys it (he eats 2-3 fresh fruits daily for lunch :rolleyes:) but he doesn't buy as much as he'd like because the selection is sometimes less than desirable.

Seems there was also sushi available at one of those stations most of the time. That's one thing we DON'T eat, but I guess many people do! The desserts were absolutely splendid! :)

Yeah, no sushi for us either, but it's nice the option is there!

Hey you can join us on the Freedom 11/5 if you're interested! We've got a group cruise going...it's small (not a CC group), but we're hoping it grows! Email me if you want any details;)

When getting on ship, is there anyplace to eat other than the main cafeteria? On the Freedom, there were other choices.

There's already some good suggestions/opinions here, but yet another option for you on embarkation day for Carnival Legend (if the idea of standing in buffet lines at the onset of your cruise vacation isn't acceptable) is to eat at one of the Channelside restaurants just prior to boarding. :)

Yeah, no sushi for us either, but it's nice the option is there!

Hey you can join us on the Freedom 11/5 if you're interested! We've got a group cruise going...it's small (not a CC group), but we're hoping it grows! Email me if you want any details;)

Thanks for the offer! Looks like a superb itinerary! If we win the lottery between now and then, I'm in! :D Otherwise, I'm going to wait and book our next cruise after I try the Ecstasy out of Galveston with my gal pals in April. If that goes well, DH and I will likely cruise from there next time. Convenient because we can drive, but limited itinerary unless we cruise the Magic. :(

Thanks for the offer! Looks like a superb itinerary! If we win the lottery between now and then, I'm in! :D Otherwise, I'm going to wait and book our next cruise after I try the Ecstasy out of Galveston with my gal pals in April. If that goes well, DH and I will likely cruise from there next time. Convenient because we can drive, but limited itinerary unless we cruise the Magic. :(

Let me know if you win!;)

Well, if you cruise the Ecstasy and the Magic, you will have some good ship class comparisons to make!

Oh sorry...didn't mean to hijack...my apologies to the OP...:o

Archived