our norweigan email address that we recieved from them

rckymtair

Hi,

I got a question for people who have gone on Norweigan before, we recieved our packet from them and we recieved a norweigan email address, to stay in contact when we are gone with people if we give them that email address and they email us to that address, when you are on board how are you notified you have mail ? Do you have to go on the internet ? Or are you notified some other way ?

Just don't use this email address, are you planning on buying internet minutes or package? The service is just a gimmick, if you already have a web-based email account then the ship email is not neccessary.

The internet service on the ship is extremely slow and costly. I needed to send an 'emergency' email to our tour guide when our port of call got cancelled. I just wanted to access my private email account and send a quick email stating that we'd not be stopping and to cancel the tour. I was online for only 15 minutes max, and most of that time was waiting for the webpages to load, the whole fiasco cost about $17 because of the one time access fee.

In all reality I would never use the internet on the ship, if you need to contact someone wait until a port and go to an internet cafe. :)

Archived