Strange Galveston Question

TheSailinSOB

Hello this is a really odd question. I have sailed out of Galveston numerous times and always wondered. Does anyone know why the cruise lines are only allowed to serve "Texas Liquor". I noticed until your out in international waters, they can't make certain drinks because they can only serve Texas liquor. Also, how would anyone know it's not Texas liquor? LOL. You can delete this after somebody answers, I just gotta know

In Texas, you can't sell "hard liquor" on Sundays, only beer and wine. So if you're looking at Conquest, which sails on Sundays, they would not be able to sell drinks with hard liquor until you are in international waters. Now that I'e said that, I'm wondering what's in those "Funship Specials" that they offer when you board, and how can they sell those??

In Texas, you can't sell "hard liquor" on Sundays, only beer and wine. So if you're looking at Conquest, which sails on Sundays, they would not be able to sell drinks with hard liquor until you are in international waters. Now that I'e said that, I'm wondering what's in those "Funship Specials" that they offer when you board, and how can they sell those??

Maybe they're selling us the souvenir glass only, and giving away the booze that's in it? It's a good question.

Archived