B2B from Port Canaveral ??'s

sloth

We're sailing on the FOS in January on a back to back (our first!!) and have a question about our turn around day. I've read that, as consecutive cruisers, we may not have to leave the ship, depending on the customs rules. But if we want to disembark for a short while, possibly to buy some soda or other essentials to carry back on the ship, what would be the closest/easiest way to accomplish this? I assume we would need to grab a taxi, or is there any place within easy walking distance?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

We're sailing on the FOS in January on a back to back (our first!!) and have a question about our turn around day. I've read that, as consecutive cruisers, we may not have to leave the ship, depending on the customs rules. But if we want to disembark for a short while, possibly to buy some soda or other essentials to carry back on the ship, what would be the closest/easiest way to accomplish this? I assume we would need to grab a taxi, or is there any place within easy walking distance?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

Walking distance? No way!

The closest business establishments would be in Cape Canaveral along A1A. Yes, a taxi would be needed. I can't estimate how close a convenience store might be. Sorry.

I concur, you will need to take a taxi. The way the port is laid out the ships dock at one highway exit then the town starts at the next exit so it's at least half a mile down the highway. Not the safest walk. (plus you havve to walk across the draw bridge, probably 1/4 mile to the highway) There are several places not far, you might check the roll call for the 2nd sailing and maybe someone coming onboard would bring you soda or come pick you up or someone from your first sailing would run you to the store. You never know you might befriend someone local onboard too that would run you into town, that doesn't mind delaying getting home by 30 mins. But we carried onboard 2 twelve packs and didn't even get thru one and we were trying so you might not need more.

Archived