Marriott thru Princess

Rob & Beckys mom

Staying at the Marriott Lax January 4th one night pre cruise. Anything to do around this area?

Jan

Basically.....No...

How much time do you have to kill and will you have a car?

There is a shuttle that will take you down to Manhattan Beach--which, at least, has some nice restaurants and is pleasant to walk around...

http://www.gatewaytola.org/index.cfm/programs/ocean-express/

If you have lots of time and a car or are willing to spring for taxis, head up to Santa Monica...about 10 miles north and visit the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade...

Unfortunately, we're not having our best weather right now or I'd send you to the Venice Beach Boardwalk...

But, as far as immediately surrounding the LAX Marriott? Absolutely nothing--ugly airport-related industrial and office...nothing in the way of places to eat except the hotel restaurants...

Good luck...

There is a shuttle that will take you down to Manhattan Beach--which, at least, has some nice restaurants and is pleasant to walk around...

http://www.gatewaytola.org/index.cfm/programs/ocean-express/

I wasn't aware of the Shuttle to Manhattan Beach from LAX but that would be a good choice. We have gone there several times to shop and have dinner when doing a park-and-fly from LAX.

With both the Sapphire and the Golden departing on the 5th expect some confusion and delays during embarkation. There were issues last Wednesday when they were both in port. Of course our rains did not help the situation.

Jan,

When you get back could you let us know what you thought of the Marriot LAX? We stayed there a few years ago and was just wondering if there are any changes. We're looking for a place to stay in October.

Sure will! Looks nice online, but I will let you know first hand. It was pretty inexpensive, but every hotel that we have used through Princess has been nice.

Jan

Personally I would stay at an airport hotel only if I had an early morning flight. We did stay at the LAX Marriott the night before our early flight to Honolulu for our honeymoon back in 1995, but once we got there, we stayed in the room. If we had a day pre-cruise, we would just stay in San Pedro. In fact, we just got off the Golden this morning, and after some major issues with our shuttle (which we booked because our cars can't hold two-weeks of luggage) on both our pickup from our house and from the pier, we discussed the idea of staying the night before in San Pedro and then just use the hotel shuttle to the pier.

Archived