Destiny Review 12.13.10 Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk w/pics

jerseygirl79

Loved your review Alysia! Have thought about this cruise on the Destiny and always wondered about the temperatures in the ports in December. Your review provided great info!

By the way, we sailed on your wedding cruise!

Fellow Jersey Girl Karen

Great review - just don't like seeing those 'coats' on you in the Caribbean! :D:D - planning to leave mine behind and hoping for warmer weather (altho mid 70s sounds pretty good to me right now!).

Wish I could snag a good pre-cruise hotel deal - still looking (and the IC is still at $167 for my night but I sure hope the price drops cuz the hotel looks gorgeous!).

thanks for all the great pics too!

Great review - just don't like seeing those 'coats' on you in the Caribbean! :D:D - planning to leave mine behind and hoping for warmer weather (altho mid 70s sounds pretty good to me right now!).

Wish I could snag a good pre-cruise hotel deal - still looking (and the IC is still at $167 for my night but I sure hope the price drops cuz the hotel looks gorgeous!).

We got the Marriott Biscayne Bay a couple blocks from Bayside for $105 on priceline. Had never tried that before. We were happy with anything

3 1/2 * and up. First entered $80 and moved up. If you put in 4* and $100 in downtown you can't go wrong I would think? Have a good one

We got the Marriott Biscayne Bay a couple blocks from Bayside for $105 on priceline. Had never tried that before. We were happy with anything

3 1/2 * and up. First entered $80 and moved up. If you put in 4* and $100 in downtown you can't go wrong I would think? Have a good one

Thanks for the info - I am trying a 3 and 3.5 star now online - up to $80 with no luck! What a bummer..... last year I snagged the 4* Hyatt downtown for $65 - no deals like that this year! Guess I will have to up the $$$$:eek:

great review, love the pics, we plan on same for Miami pre cruise. The temps sucked for you, but coming from sub 0 so anything is better. Thanks

Yeah it did, but we left temps in the 20s and 30s and returned to snow so it was so much better. I even managed a little tan.

So many pictures!

It's great!

Thanks! I love pictorial reviews.

Loved your review Alysia! Have thought about this cruise on the Destiny and always wondered about the temperatures in the ports in December. Your review provided great info!

By the way, we sailed on your wedding cruise!

Fellow Jersey Girl Karen

I think we'll pass up sailing to the Bahamas in the fall/winter months in the future. The weather is too unpredictable. It was a shame because the water is so beautiful you just want to jump in.

OMG....that Miracle cruise last year was THE BEST!!! I'm so excited for Pride in September. I also loved Legend. Spirit class is awesome!

Thanks for the info - I am trying a 3 and 3.5 star now online - up to $80 with no luck! What a bummer..... last year I snagged the 4* Hyatt downtown for $65 - no deals like that this year! Guess I will have to up the $$$$:eek:

Believe she started at $85 and they said add $20 and it's yours, she did, but have since learned from this site we should have just gone up $10?

Ah, keep looking at your great pics

Thank you so much for sharing this! We are considering the same ports (but in the summer!)' date=' so it was good to see them. It looks like you and DH had a good time![/quote']

You'll have a GREAT time in the summer. We still had a wonderful trip and the cooler temps didn't bother some. But I LOVE the hot sun.

Thanks Alysia!

We're planning the Destiny in September, and the plan is to book the IC thru LMT.. Thanks for the info on cab fares from MIA... VERY helpful!

It was really nice. It did spoil me. The bed was smaller than expected, but it was a queen and we have a king at home. OMG...the prices for room service :eek: I think it was 18 for a continental breakfast for 1!!! But it was great having the Starbucks right there!

It was a great cruise, just wished it was a little warmer :)

I agree. It was nice meeting you and your wife!

I know! It was weird getting OFF the ship wearing a coat. It was funny because passengers were saying, "I didn't know we stopping in Alaska." LOL. It really wasn't very bad, but it was unexpected when you think Bahamas. I was prepared because I had been stalking the weather for weeks and had come to turns with the fact that the region was experiencing a cold snap.

Believe she started at $85 and they said add $20 and it's yours, she did, but have since learned from this site we should have just gone up $10?

Ah, keep looking at your great pics

....not even $10! Last year my 1st bid on 4* was $62 - the response was to add anothe $15 - but I knew better having done my research (altho that still would have been a deal!). I went from $62 to $65 and bingo!:D

Will be trying again today or tomorrow will start at $85!

Sunset

100_2254.jpg

100_2255.jpg

Grand Turk: Nothing beats the pool at Margaritaville. Today was the warmest of all, somewhere in the low 80s, still too cool for us to swim but it was perfect for laying out by the pool, eating some fried conch and having a couple of drinks. Yes, the entertainment provided by the D.J. can be a bit illicit, but I hang back near the flow rider away from the pool bar where it’s a bit more quiet. This is where the families with small children to be as well. DH kept bugging me to move closer to the action, but I just wanted to relax!

100_2257.jpg

100_2258.jpg

100_2259.jpg

When we were there last summer they did a booty shaking contest. It was quite entertaining :eek:

I've read your other reviews in the past and this one does the same to me as your others did. They make me want to book the same cruise you do, and then follow you everywhere!! You get pictures of the coolest things and make me wish I had been right there with you.

But at least I can thank you for your great reviews and all those awesome photos.

I love the IC. Have stayed there 2x. Anytime I can get it from now on out, that will be where we stay. I wish I could get the IC in Tampa for our 1 might there in March.

I know!!! It's fab! I kept thinking....I can't believe I'm staying in the same hotel for less than $100 with people paying $250-350++!!! I love the internet and cruise critic.

I love the IC. Have stayed there 2x. Anytime I can get it from now on out, that will be where we stay. I wish I could get the IC in Tampa for our 1 might there in March.

When we were there last summer they did a booty shaking contest. It was quite entertaining :eek:

YUP!!! They did that too. I believe it was to Beyonce's Put a Ring on It. I wish they'd burn that record, btw. Thankfully, it's a large pool. Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't want to hear songs about big bamboo.

I've read your other reviews in the past and this one does the same to me as your others did. They make me want to book the same cruise you do, and then follow you everywhere!! You get pictures of the coolest things and make me wish I had been right there with you.

But at least I can thank you for your great reviews and all those awesome photos.

Aww Brenda :o thanks! How cool! Whoa....no pressure though for my future reviews. Now I'll be thinking, "I hope Brenda likes these, pics" LOL. I wish I were going with you on Glory!

Archived