Quick question- leaving Wednesday!

linbar52

We're flying from San Francisco to Papeete with a connecting flight at LAX. Since our bags will be checked straight thru (hope they make it!) from SFO to Tahiti, do we still have to stand in line at the ATN counter at LAX? Wait...I think I answered my own question. Of course we will, in order to get our boarding passes - which we can't print out ahead of time...right? Are there restaurants and shops in that terminal before you have to go thru security? How about after you go thru security? We'll definitely have some time to kill.

This is our first trip to Tahiti- so excited can't sleep anymore! Thanks to all you CC posters. We've learned so much from all of you!

Are there restaurants and shops in that terminal before you have to go thru security? How about after you go thru security? We'll definitely have some time to kill.

This is our first trip to Tahiti- so excited can't sleep anymore! Thanks to all you CC posters. We've learned so much from all of you!

There are both shops and restaurants/lounges before and after security at LAX...We flew Southwest so we had to pick ours up and recheck at the other terminal where Air Tahiti Nui is. For that reason, I will always get a "connecting" flight in the future!

Have a WONDERFUL time!

We flew from Canada to LAX and were able to check our luggage straight through (more on that in a minute). When checking into the Tahiti Nui counter, there was no line. We had a 4 hour layover so had lunch to kill time. They have a food fair type set up with a few restaurants.

Unfortunately our luggage stayed at LAX which we discovered upon arrival in Tahiti. The reception at our Tahiti hotel told us this seems to be quite a common experience. Tahiti Nui were able to locate our luggage and sent it on the same flight the next evening. Was great that we had a change of clothing, essential toiletries and swimsuits in our carry-on and that we had two nights stay in Tahiti precruise. Do make sure that you pack your carry-on with things to get you by just in case. I always do but have never had to rely upon my carry-on supplies until now.

Archived