Flightseeing out of Ketchikan

WifesChef

The three of us are interested in flight seeing when we visit Ketchikan in July. We do not want a plane with canned audio, but something with the pilot talking to us about what we are seeing at the time we are seeing it. any suggestions? Thanks for your help in advance.:D

The three of us are interested in flight seeing when we visit Ketchikan in July. We do not want a plane with canned audio, but something with the pilot talking to us about what we are seeing at the time we are seeing it. any suggestions? Thanks for your help in advance.:D

We did the combo kayak at Orca's Cove and flight with SeaWind. When planning, Leslie answered my e-mails, and phone calls promptly. She was a great source for info in the area, ie. time, where to get a sandwich, etc. The other people going on our excursion somehow didn't pay attention to the time we were being picked up at the ship and were all over town, some on the boat still and who knows where. Leslie ran all over town to find and pick them up instead of letting them "miss the boat" and get charged for a "no-show" even though pick-up was being done by Southeast Kayak.

We enjoyed Steve's informational question/answer style. I have to admit, my eye and camera were trained out the window the entire time. I let the DH ask all the questions. We stopped off on a dock back in the fiord for a break and saw sea lions playing in the water. Take offs and landings were super smooth. They dropped us back wherever we wanted. We chose Creek Street and didn't have to walk over the same route, saving us some time from what we lost because of the nimrods that cost us 45 minutes tracking them down.

Can only say good things about SeaWind.

Island Wings with Michelle is highly recommended here. Search here for reviews from others. I made my reservations with her already and can't wait for May to come! They are taking 2011 reservations now and I was able to get my first choice time slot. :D

Archived